Mooring needed for large sailboat

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hlywud said:
Ocean World will have a 1st class marina at Cofresi, facility will be magnificent, close to completion.

Ocean World is at least 15 months away.

Luperon would be the closest marina.
Ken is the expert on this, you might want to send him an email.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Robert said:
Ocean World is at least 15 months away.

Luperon would be the closest marina.
Ken is the expert on this, you might want to send him an email.

9 to 15 months Robert, right now I expect the marina to be finished in 12 months, give or take 3 months depending on how dredging progress.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Since I thought you meant in Sos?a I did not comment

Puerto Plata harbour will take that boat. they have customs and immigration facilities there.

HB, "flowerpots"?????

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Hillbilly said:
Puerto Plata harbour will take that boat. they have customs and immigration facilities there.

HB, "flowerpots"?????
Oh now dont get all jealous HB you know you're my little flowerpot too. Is POP harbour safe, they wanted to be able to see it from my casa

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
Ladybird said:
Oh now dont get all jealous HB you know you're my little flowerpot too. Is POP harbour safe, they wanted to be able to see it from my casa

I would shudder to think about trying to keep a nice boat in POP harbor. It's quite nasty and unless under constant watch would be highly susceptible to theft of items/hardware. But that's just my opinion.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I agree with Festero

About POP bay. I am afraid that there is nothing available that can be seen from your house.

And there is the problem of the authorities that will want to watch over such a beautiful vessel, too. Smuggling and all of that. Bergantine used to be a safe harbour but I haven't seen it in years and years.

Problem is safe anchorage off shore. Winds can be very strong in open water.

Luperon , of course, wourld be perfect.

Might have to take a look around.

HB