Occidental Allegro Punta Cana

ekmaxim

May 17, 2004
Questions about trip please help

Hello all im new to this forum but wanted to say hello!
Im going to DR next weekend I leave saturday morning on us3000.
Im flying out of Baltimore to La Romano where from there we are taking a bus provided by our hotel. I been to DR before and we landed in Punta Cana before. I was wondering if the ride is very long from DR La Romana to punta cana. We are staying at the Occidental Allegro in Punta Cana. I was also reading all the reviews and read around on other sites, i was really wondering if the hotel is as bad as a lot of people are saying. Im 20 and my girlfreind is 20, i read that a lot of people who are older than 30 are not having to much fun here, wondering if this is true and why, and how much fun will i have, i guess this is a dumb question not knowing what im interested in, but im very outgoing and love to be at the beach and do a lot of sports stuff.
Last time i was at DR they always had a lot of entertainment and i stayed at the Bavaro, i was wondering if it is a big diffrence also?
SOrry for the long post guys, hope i hear from ya guys!

Last edited:

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
90 mins

I don't know anything about the hotel, but the journey from La Romana to Bavaro/Punta Cana area is about one and a half hours.

ekmaxim

May 17, 2004
susie x said:
I don't know anything about the hotel, but the journey from La Romana to Bavaro/Punta Cana area is about one and a half hours.

yeah were young so we really dont want to be stuck on the bus for a long time during the hot day hours. Been looking at the weather, doesnt look too good, but i know of some things to do as it is not my first time there, can anyone else give me some advice on what there is to do also in punta cana if it does rain. Maybe some shopping areas?

ginger ale

May 6, 2004
ekmaxim said:
Hello all im new to this forum but wanted to say hello!
Im going to DR next weekend I leave saturday morning on us3000.
Im flying out of Baltimore to La Romano where from there we are taking a bus provided by our hotel. I been to DR before and we landed in Punta Cana before. I was wondering if the ride is very long from DR La Romana to punta cana. We are staying at the Occidental Allegro in Punta Cana. I was also reading all the reviews and read around on other sites, i was really wondering if the hotel is as bad as a lot of people are saying. Im 20 and my girlfreind is 20, i read that a lot of people who are older than 30 are not having to much fun here, wondering if this is true and why, and how much fun will i have, i guess this is a dumb question not knowing what im interested in, but im very outgoing and love to be at the beach and do a lot of sports stuff.
Last time i was at DR they always had a lot of entertainment and i stayed at the Bavaro, i was wondering if it is a big diffrence also?
SOrry for the long post guys, hope i hear from ya guys!
Hi, the Allegro Punta Cana resort is about 1 and a half hours from the La Romana Airport. The hotel has gone through major renovations, 6 million $US worth, just finished in December 2003. The hotel did have it's problems before but from what I hear it's ok now. They've renovated absolutely everything, all 500 and some rooms etc....Have a great holiday!

ekmaxim

May 17, 2004
thank you so much just wanted the heads up on the hotel
did some research and yes i saw that they did some renovations, hope its nice..
i really like when the hotel is packed and there are people, when its empty really boring usually, so i am expecting some travelers that week, thanks