Programmer required

monger

Mar 29, 2004
Looking for someone with programming skills; specifically with C languages and php. Experience working in UNIX environments a plus. Please respond with a private message outlining your qualifications with a return email address.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
monger said:
Looking for someone with programming skills; specifically with C languages and php. Experience working in UNIX environments a plus. Please respond with a private message outlining your qualifications with a return email address.

Email alex@dr1.com I'm sure he can help you out.

He works for us, but does the odd job on the side.

He is an excellent php/mysql programmer.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Hi!

monger said:
Send me a pm and tell me how much are you willing to pay. I tried sending you a pm but it was giving me a error message.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
miguel said:
Send me a pm and tell me how much are you willing to pay. I tried sending you a pm but it was giving me a error message.

If you can compete with US$250 per month full time, let me know.
You gotta love Russian programmers :)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I see!

Robert said:
If you can compete with US$250 per month full time, let me know.
You gotta love Russian programmers :)
I guess that, yes, "you gotta love Russians programmers" because I remember making that amount in 2 days back in 1987!!!!!

Go Russians.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
You can't get good russian programmers for $250/month full time. Try $1000-$1500/month. Think they're fulltime? They're not. They're taking on extra work you don't know about. Thats why your work isn't getting done on time.

Or else they're just not that good. I have now switched to paying hourly, and I'm paying between $6-$12/hr, depending on the guy and where they are from.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
adrianb said:
You can't get good russian programmers for $250/month full time. Try $1000-$1500/month. Think they're fulltime? They're not. They're taking on extra work you don't know about. Thats why your work isn't getting done on time.

Or else they're just not that good. I have now switched to paying hourly, and I'm paying between $6-$12/hr, depending on the guy and where they are from.

That's not been my experience and you know that.
Didn't we have a chat about this a few weeks ago?

Come on, give me a break, US$1,000-1,500 per month for a Russian programmer. No person in their right mind would pay that and you know it.

I have been working with Russian guys for the past 3-4 years without a problem. Yeah, some are slow, some are fast. Some do jobs on the side, some tell you, some don't. But at US$250 per month I'm very happy and they do some of the best coding I have seen.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Robert said:
That's not been my experience and you know that.
Didn't we have a chat about this a few weeks ago?

Come on, give me a break, US$1,000-1,500 per month for a Russian programmer. No person in their right mind would pay that and you know it.

I have been working with Russian guys for the past 3-4 years without a problem. Yeah, some are slow, some are fast. Some do jobs on the side, some tell you, some don't. But at US$250 per month I'm very happy and they do some of the best coding I have seen.

I have worked with approx 50 programmers across 15 countries in the last 12 months. And I now pay in that range on an hourly rate. I may adjust it slightly downward over time, but thats where I'm at. I now get GREAT work.

I'm very picky about who I work with. Its amazing how undependable they can be, or how much time a guy will waste, and I am no longer willing to tolerate it. My time is too valuable to spend it chasing down a $2/hr guy who can't be bothered getting work done.