Thread: Showing up on a whim ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Showing up on a whim ?

I'm spending a weekend in Sosua/Cabarete and am wondering if I should just show up, walk around and find accommodation. Ok, I admit I'm lazy. But since I live in DR (San Pedro de Macoris) and speak Spanish, I don't feel like spending hours online researching all types of hotels. I've visited many Dominican towns this way and never had trouble finding accommodation.

For for Sosua/Cabarete, is it just as easy to find a place like that ? Also, since I'm taking the Caribe Tours bus from Santo Domingo to Sosua, I figure it makes more sense to stay overnight at Sosua and just take a guagua to Cabarete whenever.

I'm not into AI. I'll be spending the vast majority of time outside anyway. Just a plain simple but clean place to sleep will do.

Post Thanks / Like

Stop in at Rocky's tomorrow if you're in town. I hear they are having a get together and if Marco doesn't have any rooms he'll know where to go for one.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Rocky's in Sosua is cheap at $15/night. It's not the Four Seasons, but it's not bad either. It's basic, but I'd stay there again. Rocky is a member of this board as well. Very cool dude, very cool staff.

In Cabarete, I have stayed at Hotel Casa Blanca for $25/nite. Check it out at www.casablancacabarete.com. The guy who owns/runs it is Holger. Cool dude as well. I would call and make arrangements.

Hope that helps.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No Problema

Rocky's only has four rooms which is why he's almost always full. You can pretty much just walk up to reception at any hotel in Sosua this time of year and get a room whenever and wherever you feel like it. Cabarete may be a bit fuller but I doubt if you'd strike out.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KenoshaChris
    Rocky's only has four rooms which is why he's almost always full.
    I know this is an old post but is it true Rocky's only has four rooms. I stopped there on my last trip for lunch and I thought I saw what looked to be more than four rooms in the courtyard area.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

See http://www.dr1.com/directories/index.shtml

for some options of hotels in the area.

I would go ahead and visit the area and check out hotels that are adequate. It is still early in the season, and especially on weekdays there should be availability.