how to get to Boca Chica?

Dolly

Apr 19, 2004
Planning to go next week sometime to Boca Chica with my husband. We are in Santo Domingo, and I heard that El Caribe and Metro dont go there. Any idea how to get there cheapest? thanks for your help everyone:)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I Don't Think the Plural of Bus is Bus'

Hlywud said:
since when have the bus' stopped????/

It's "buses". "Buses' "would be the plural possessive.

In any case Metro and Caribe buses never did go to Boca Chica thus they didn't stop as much as they never started. The guaguas, and hundreds a day of 'em, go express and local to BC from the capital for a measly RD$45. Some are even air conditioned for a bit extra. You have to find their nest near some park downtown but I'd bet 99.8% of SD residents know where the guaguas hive is as they use them en masse on the weekends to come with the spaghetti pot and Brugal.

Frankly to save the US$25 or so for a tourist taxi I wouldn't set foot in a gua-gua.

Ok

Come on rick lighten up.
Otay so I are not a scool teachr, but I knowed that the guaguas went to Boca.
Maybe Robert can add a spell checker to the site in english and spanish.

I also would not get on a guagua and would rather grab a cab for the trip.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Dolly, it's a piece of cake to get to Boca Chica. Take a taxi from anywhere in Santo Domingo, and just tell them to take you to Parque de Independencia and that you are looking for the guagua to go to Boca Chica.

Parque Independencia is the square where Duarte is buried, in the Zona Colonial, right at the west end of El Conde (the pedestrian mall in Zona Colonial). The guaguas are on the street along the north side of this square.

The guagua will go right down into the heart of Boca Chica , near the beach and all of the restaurants, etc on Calle Duarte in boca Chica. You can get a bus back to Santo Domingo in the afternoon easily too.

And ALSO. you can take your pick of guaguas. If the one that pulls up is old and full of termites, or has a full load of smelly-looking people, pass on it and wait for the next one that meets your approval. IMHO , most guaguas are in better condition than most taxis, and the guagua drivers are more polite. They just shut up and drive.

Dolly

Apr 19, 2004
thank you all

Thank you guys so much, I appreciate your help. Have a great weekend!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
GringoCArlos said:
Dolly, it's a piece of cake to get to Boca Chica. Take a taxi from anywhere in Santo Domingo, and just tell them to take you to Parque de Independencia and that you are looking for the guagua to go to Boca Chica.

Parque Independencia is the square where Duarte is buried, in the Zona Colonial, right at the west end of El Conde (the pedestrian mall in Zona Colonial). The guaguas are on the street along the north side of this square.

The guagua will go right down into the heart of Boca Chica , near the beach and all of the restaurants, etc on Calle Duarte in boca Chica. You can get a bus back to Santo Domingo in the afternoon easily too.

And ALSO. you can take your pick of guaguas. If the one that pulls up is old and full of termites, or has a full load of smelly-looking people, pass on it and wait for the next one that meets your approval. IMHO , most guaguas are in better condition than most taxis, and the guagua drivers are more polite. They just shut up and drive.

Sorry papi! are you sure you don't mean Parque Enriquillo...that is where all the buses are and not Independencia! From there you can go to Boca Chica or Juan Dolio. :smoke:

padrecito

Sep 30, 2003
hello, i'm a taxi driver and i can pick you up ant take you to boca chica at a low cost .. reach me at 7713335 ramon is my name....

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I agree with you

Hlywud said:
Come on rick lighten up.
Otay so I are not a scool teachr, but I knowed that the guaguas went to Boca.
Maybe Robert can add a spell checker to the site in english and spanish.

I also would not get on a guagua and would rather grab a cab for the trip.

Always guaugas, never Metro and Caribe which was the opener.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Sorry mamita Juanita, but there are 2 options to go to Boca Chica.

All of the guaguas in Parque Independencia go to destinations in Distrito Nacional, which INCLUDES Boca Chica.

All of the guaguas going to other cities OUTSIDE of Distrito Nacional do go out of Parque Enriquillo, and you can grab one there which is going to San Pedro de Macoris, or to La Romana, and jump off at Boca Chica out at the highway, but then you still need a moto for another 20 pesos to get down to the beach.

Good luck Dolly. Have a nice beach day (or a fun night).

(suave es mejor aqui)

Last edited: