Has inflation set in?

curry

Jan 13, 2002
I am making a trip to the DR in June. this will be my 4th trip. 2 years ago the peso was 18 to 1 dollar. As of today it is 49! Have prices for food and clothing skyrocketed as a result? I will be in Santo Domingo and may opt to spend a weekend in Boca Chica. I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE ANY ASSUMPTIONS. Has the situation in the capital and or Boca Chica gotten better or worse with regards to crime and prostitution? I live in a major US city and some of the same elements are present so I am not bothered by either. However I am traveling wth a freind and I dont want him to be taken by complete suprise. I love the people of the DR and do not want to deal with someone complaining about a situation that they were informed of prior to their arrival. For example , last time I was in Santo Domingo there was a blackout and a small riot. No major deal for me but I'm sure people from suburban America would have panicked. simple responses for simple questions please.

curry

Jan 13, 2002
Criss Colon said:
How about that for "Simple"???CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :confused:
Mr. Colon ! I would appreciate your assitance in the matter. If anyone really knows I figure it would be you. Please feel free to provide more detail if your time allows.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Consider the DR on sale for anyone coming with hard currency. Most restaurants have not doubled their prices because they depend on local clientele whose wages have not kept up with inflation and depreciation. Most businesses are just taken the losses, which in your case are your gains.