Where is Casa de Teatro in S.D.?

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Is this the theatre stage at the Jaragua hotel? Please enlighten anyone. I want to take in some jazz during my June visit.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
A must see!

Casa de Teatro is actually an "artsy" bar located in the Colonial Zone. Artist from around town hang out there. On week days they usually have local bands (no merengue o batchata) playing; Pavel Nu?ez started his career there! On weekends they play movies in a small teather they have in the back. In the front part of the bar they always have some type of art exposition of local artists. It is a really cool place to hang out! Jeans allowed!!

Porthos

May 13, 2004
Your Highness:

Casa de Teatro, which you are never sure about what it really is, since there you have an art school, a gallery, a bar and, of course, a theater is located in our Zona Colonial, more specifically on Arzobispo Meri?o st. # 110. I can't tell you more myself, because it can sound weird, but almost every time I go by the Zona Colonial, 8 out of 10 times I get lost in its little streets looking the same, but I'm pretty sure that if you take the Padre Billini st you will come across the Arzobispo Meri?o, and there just have to take a right turn. I did a little research for you, thanx a lot, and if you can read spanish, I'm almost sure you'll find this helpfull.

for more information go to http://elcaribe.com.do/articulo_car...d=262B648F5A824BBEAD5DCB2D0F96D9DE&Seccion=17

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Thanks for the very good information. I'll make the Casa de Teatro a stop on my next upcoming D.R. visit. I love art galleries and it sounds like a hip place.