hamaca vs canoa coral by hilton

redwingBILL

May 22, 2004
i would appreciate any ideas... i booked a trip to the DR scheduled for july 15th - 19th flying between florida and sdq on american airlines. my air in noncancelable. i am using my hilton honors to stay at the Hamaca resort, but can stay at any of the coral by hiltons in the DR.

here is the problem... after booking the air to santo domingo i discovered that some of the best scuba is only a short distance from the canoa resort. i am inclined to switch resorts, but the flight to santo domingo can not be changed without penalty. i understand that there is a 2 hour drive between the canoa resort and the SDQ airport.

i would appreciate suggestions.

redwingBILL

May 22, 2004
Jimmydr said:
You can hire a taxi to take you there from the airport.

thats about a 2 hour drive isnt it? (from the airport in santo domingo to the canoa resort) any idea on the cost of that cab?

redwingBILL

May 22, 2004
i would also appreciate any thoughts on the two resorts... i guess one option would be to split my time between the two resorts. stay at hamaca on my last night with an early morning flight home the following day.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Nothing is that far here

If you go to the Hamaca, and get a rental car, either at the airport or in Boca Chica, you can be in Bayahibe in a little over an hour, so you could almost commute to your diving.

Your idea of spending the last night in Boca Chica, nearer the airport, makes a lot of sense.

You are sure to have fun, no matter where you go..

HB