driving to Bayahibe

scuba~girl

May 14, 2004
Does anybody know how long it takes to drive from the Las Americas airport in Santo Domingo to Bayahibe?

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Bayahibe

Around 2 hours and 30 minutes, traveling into San Pedro but if you take the Auto-via it could save 30 minute.

scuba~girl said:
Does anybody know how long it takes to drive from the Las Americas airport in Santo Domingo to Bayahibe?

Lonniee

Feb 17, 2004
when you going to bayahibe

Scuba girl,
when are you going to bayahibe. We are going to be driving there ourselves in a couple weeks we can advise you on how long it takes and who can take you there. We are arriving at SDQ and driving to bayahibe.

scuba~girl

May 14, 2004
I'll be going about three weeks from now... mid June sometime. If you could let me know that would be great! I think I'll be able to get there ok, but I'll have to find a ride back from Bayahibe to the airport in Santo Domingo. I guess a taxi would be best so I don't miss my flight??

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
Hey Scuba Girl good choice if you will be doing a lot of diving.

If you are not a total newbie ask about "La Parguera" on the south-side of Saona island and by all means try to get to CataliNITA island not to be confused with isla Catalina, Catalinita is on the North-East end of Saona island it is on the Mona Passage side of the barrier reef that goes North-South along the Eastern end of mainland DR, so the Eastern end of Catalinita is very close to very deep water and this is the best place to see bigger animals. Everytime I go to this site I see sharks, barricuda large rays and large schools of jacks.. Enjoy

Lonniee

Feb 17, 2004
Where are you staying

Scuba girl,

We will be in bayahibe from june 3-june 15. We will let you know how it is. We are diving with scubafun and staying part of the time at thier hotel/apartments. We are using rafael silva as a taki service and he is taking us around the island a couple days too for very reasonable. Email us we can chat more. everill@hotmail.com

scuba~girl

May 14, 2004
Sounds great, diving is my main reason for going! That and the beach of course. I'm staying at the Wyndham Dominicanus Beach Resort, or at least that's the plan... I don't imagine I'll have to book too far in advance at this time of the year. Wow, the chance to see big animals would be awesome, sharks and rays and turtles - cool! I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for your help :)