English or French Teacher Required in Las Galeras

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
My family will be moving to Montreal in a few months and I require a teacher to give daily lessons (2 hrs daily) for the next 3-4 months or so. One language or the other. Doesn't matter, though I would prefer a native speaker. Experience preferred. Lessons would be given at our location.

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
Just a suggestion. Ask Lolo (everyone in the village can direct you to the house). She is native French, Brittany or Normandy I believe, and is fairly fluent in English, and fluent in Spanish. She sometimes teaches arts & crafts to the kids, maybe she would consider your request. If not, she might know who does. Perhaps her older son, Robinson if he is home from S.D.? Tell her Stan, el gringo viejo, came up with the bright idea. I could dig up her phone # & email if you want, just pm me. I'll be gone for a week but back on May 30. Stan.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
stan chapman said:
Just a suggestion. Ask Lolo (everyone in the village can direct you to the house). She is native French, Brittany or Normandy I believe, and is fairly fluent in English, and fluent in Spanish. She sometimes teaches arts & crafts to the kids, maybe she would consider your request. If not, she might know who does. Perhaps her older son, Robinson if he is home from S.D.? Tell her Stan, el gringo viejo, came up with the bright idea. I could dig up her phone # & email if you want, just pm me. I'll be gone for a week but back on May 30. Stan.

lulu is too busy. i asked her a year ago. robinson is what, 13 yrs old? thanks anyway.

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
I'd have figured Robinson for 15 or 16. Well mannered young lad. Maybe you could try Mr. Johnston at the local school LOL. He teaches English there. Sort of!! Too bad you can't wait till December. Lilian is a teacher. Mind you, when La Rubia fria, Michelle asked her for English lessons, she said no, so I became a part time teacher for a few sessions. Good luck. Stan.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
stan chapman said:
I'd have figured Robinson for 15 or 16. Well mannered young lad. Maybe you could try Mr. Johnston at the local school LOL. He teaches English there. Sort of!! Too bad you can't wait till December. Lilian is a teacher. Mind you, when La Rubia fria, Michelle asked her for English lessons, she said no, so I became a part time teacher for a few sessions. Good luck. Stan.

you're probably correct that robinson is 16. time flies. anyway thanks stan!

ELSIE

Nov 3, 2003
Hi Jasper:)

Jasper said:
My family will be moving to Montreal in a few months and I require a teacher to give daily lessons (2 hrs daily) for the next 3-4 months or so. One language or the other. Doesn't matter, though I would prefer a native speaker. Experience preferred. Lessons would be given at our location.

Hi, im Lisa, I am a Quebecer speaking both languages ( french as mother
tongue) Unfortunately I live in Santo Domingo...cant teach you :(
I think that Las Galeras is near Samana right?

I would like to give you an advice... the french we speak in Quebec
is VERY VERY different than the french they speak in France...
So...find yourself a Quebecer !!!

Any questions you might have about Quebec, feel free to ask me :)

Lisa :)

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
thanks for info. yes las galeras is near samana. i am quite familar with french quebec. i live in mtl. sorry you can't help me out.

lemunch

Jan 19, 2008
Hi-

My girlfriend and I are moving to Las Galeras or Las Terrenas in Feb. She is looking for a paid or volunteer opportunity to teach English in the area. She is proficient in Spanish and English.

Thanks for the help!

-LM

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
lemunch, if you look on left side of previous post to yours you'll see that this thread dates from 2004 so don't be too disappointed if you don't get a response from the original poster.