Meetings and get togethers

Porthos

May 13, 2004
Hello people. I was wondering whether you gather at a regular basis just to check in person how's everybody doing. I joyned the forum so I could make some friends but since I'm here never heard of a meeting or something. Of course, I'm talking about those of you that live in DR, the closer to La Capital the better.
Please tell me if there's a reunion I could go to.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Como!!!

Porthos said:
Hello people. I was wondering whether you gather at a regular basis just to check in person how's everybody doing. I joyned the forum so I could make some friends but since I'm here never heard of a meeting or something. Of course, I'm talking about those of you that live in DR, the closer to La Capital the better.
Buddy, there are ALWAYS get-together on this site!!. There was one in Sosua, I believe, this past week. They do it all over the place; Sosua, SD, Juan Dolio, ect.
Go to search and type "get-together" or "reunion" and you will see what I am talking about.

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Get-togethers in Sosua

Porthos said:

Hello Porthos ... there was certainly a get together in Sosua last Friday in honor of MCM's visit. A group of us including Ladybird and myself went from Rocky's Bar to the Voodoo Lounge where unfortunately we lost MCM and the rest of the crowd as Ladybird and I were way toooooo fast for them! We went to a disco till very late and had a lot of fun. So when are you coming over to Sosua ?! ;)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The procedure in the past has always been for a DR1 poster (who becomes the organizer) to suggest a place and time. And then confirm who will be in town to attend. There have been some generous DR1ers who have picked up 100% or part of tab of those who come, at other times everyone pays their own way. You can even give the gathering a theme.. possibilities are endless. People reveal themselves through their posts on the board, and then the gathering just serves to present the face to the words. There have been several meetings in Santo Domingo -- remember one called by Keith Ripley at Beer House (Gustavo Mejia Ricart), another at the Jaragua Champion Palace called by King of Dice. Maybe a few more...

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I throw a big US Thanksgiving bash and a big Easter bash. I am even thinking about a 4th of July bash this year. Matter of fact, YES I am throwing a 4th of July Party in Sosua. Only glitch is that it starts on Saturday July 3rd at Rockys Bar in Sosua for dinner and goes into the next day after midnight.

I will start a separate thread right now.

Scott

Porthos

May 13, 2004
This all sounds very cool, I can't wait to attend one. I use to organize get togethers at my place, every couple of months or so. I don't dare to propose one myself right now, because I'm new to the forum and probably no one will come, but some day I'll do it. Chester, I don't think I'm going to Sosua for at least the rest of the year, I only go there on Semana Santa, that's if I do't go anywhere else.

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Porthos said:
This all sounds very cool, I can't wait to attend one. I use to organize get togethers at my place, every couple of months or so. I don't dare to propose one myself right now, because I'm new to the forum and probably no one will come, but some day I'll do it. Chester, I don't think I'm going to Sosua for at least the rest of the year, I only go there on Semana Santa, that's if I do't go anywhere else.

Porthos .... of course we would come if you had a party.... you just let me know when you have a date for the DR .... so, where were you last Semana Santa??! :cheeky: