Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default !!!missing Persons Alert!!!

My uncle is missing from the mental instution in Licey (near Santiago) where he has been receiving treatment for a progressive disorder that requires alot of medication.

He dissappeared Friday around 4:30 PM wearing jeans and a blue shirt, he is possibly barefooted as well.

My uncle's name is Roddie, he is a semi-overweight American in his late forties who speaks very little spanish and tends to roam when he is off is meds, he is only semi functional in the real world and though he is a kind hearted and sweet person, can turn violent when aggrivated because of his dissorder.

There is a reward out for his whereabouts, the police and local news stations have also been alerted. We think he may go to Puerto Plata or to Santo Domingo looking for a way to leave the country.

The reason I am posting this here is that he is very talkative when he encounters other english-speakers and there is a chance he may turn up in a beachfront bar on the north coast doing alot of talking and/or drinking. Please email or IM me if you have any leads.

Thanks, all.

I didn't last long...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MrMike

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike
    My uncle is missing from the mental instution in Licey (near Santiago) where he has been receiving treatment for a progressive disorder that requires alot of medication.

He dissappeared Friday around 4:30 PM wearing jeans and a blue shirt, he is possibly barefooted as well.

My uncle's name is Roddie, he is a semi-overweight American in his late forties who speaks very little spanish and tends to roam when he is off is meds, he is only semi functional in the real world and though he is a kind hearted and sweet person, can turn violent when aggrivated because of his dissorder.

There is a reward out for his whereabouts, the police and local news stations have also been alerted. We think he may go to Puerto Plata or to Santo Domingo looking for a way to leave the country.

The reason I am posting this here is that he is very talkative when he encounters other english-speakers and there is a chance he may turn up in a beachfront bar on the north coast doing alot of talking and/or drinking. Please email or IM me if you have any leads.

Thanks, all.
    I am truly sorry that you and your family are going thru this. I know how you must be feeling right now. Two other ways to go about this is by word of mouth and my handing out flyers, make you that you put that a reward will be given. Good luck and again, I am sorry,

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Allow me to suggest you to post a picture of him here , if it's available, it can make things much easier to find him

just my 2 cents
    I hope you'll find him soon.
    Marco

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Post his picture and I will look for him without reward.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Thanks, all.
    I saw a male who looked mentally dysfunctional with a female (looked like she was working) at Manolo's Restaurant in Gazcue, Santo Domingo at 12:30am. I just saw your message now, so I wasn't aware of the missing person report. He was white, about 240 lbs, short hair, wearing a dark shirt that said "New York". There was another couple at the table. He had a problem with his lip that resembled Bells Palsy.

I would walk back to Manolo's now and check it out for you, but you have no IM or phone # listed. My AOL IM is "ALiveAnswer". I will be up until 5am, IM if you want me to go check out the area.

I think considering the circumstances, you might want to post a phone #, at least for the police department you reported it to.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WgDRAi4Z8kLAYpLWnnYVWiB*fR0dpCbuOcHnHK1*ItOLVuzQOGA6M23QMpuSHXgOByuOyecMc9TWBElkWoLYEs5xnQVBHBBrAHmwxnTz8AE2otKis!Bb3J7X5ndBvWZyMMijuvBOWDo/Scan001,%20May%2022,%202004.bmp?dc=4675473574344120284[/IMG]

Here is his picture, not sure if the image will show that way, in any case here is a link that should:

http://groups.msn.com/AlbitzFamily/s...hoto&PhotoID=1

His hair is shorter now and he doesn't wear the moustache.

My cel phone # is 817-2909

We have already talked to police, hospitals, immigrations (to see if he left the country) airports, etc.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WgDRAi4Z8kLAYpLWnnYVWiB*fR0dpCbuOcHnHK1*ItOLVuzQOGA6M23QMpuSHXgOByuOyecMc9TWBElkWoLYEs5xnQVBHBBrAHmwxnTz8AE2otKis!Bb3J7X5ndBvWZyMMijuvBOWDo/Scan001,%20May%2022,%202004.bmp?dc=4675473574344120284[/IMG]

Here is his picture, not sure if the image will show that way, in any case here is a link that should:

http://groups.msn.com/AlbitzFamily/s...hoto&PhotoID=1

His hair is shorter now and he doesn't wear the moustache.

My cel phone # is 817-2909

We have already talked to police, hospitals, immigrations (to see if he left the country) airports, etc.

Hi MrMike here is the picture of your uncle modified with photoshop, no mustaches and shorter hair.
    I'm not a professional, but I hope this can help

http://groups.msn.com/helpdrguy/shoe...hoto&PhotoID=1

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the guy I saw at Manolo's.

Also, Mark, great job on the photo.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default That's awful

Sorry to hear about Roddie. Barbara must be beside herself. We'll keep a lookout....please keep posting and let us know how your seach progresses. Also, let us know if we can do anything to help.

Dianne

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

No news as yet, thanks Mark for the photoshop work. I'm told not to fear the worst since bad news travels fast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast