!!!missing Persons Alert!!!

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
My uncle is missing from the mental instution in Licey (near Santiago) where he has been receiving treatment for a progressive disorder that requires alot of medication.

He dissappeared Friday around 4:30 PM wearing jeans and a blue shirt, he is possibly barefooted as well.

My uncle's name is Roddie, he is a semi-overweight American in his late forties who speaks very little spanish and tends to roam when he is off is meds, he is only semi functional in the real world and though he is a kind hearted and sweet person, can turn violent when aggrivated because of his dissorder.

There is a reward out for his whereabouts, the police and local news stations have also been alerted. We think he may go to Puerto Plata or to Santo Domingo looking for a way to leave the country.

The reason I am posting this here is that he is very talkative when he encounters other english-speakers and there is a chance he may turn up in a beachfront bar on the north coast doing alot of talking and/or drinking. Please email or IM me if you have any leads.

Thanks, all.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
MrMike

MrMike said:
My uncle is missing from the mental instution in Licey (near Santiago) where he has been receiving treatment for a progressive disorder that requires alot of medication.

He dissappeared Friday around 4:30 PM wearing jeans and a blue shirt, he is possibly barefooted as well.

My uncle's name is Roddie, he is a semi-overweight American in his late forties who speaks very little spanish and tends to roam when he is off is meds, he is only semi functional in the real world and though he is a kind hearted and sweet person, can turn violent when aggrivated because of his dissorder.

There is a reward out for his whereabouts, the police and local news stations have also been alerted. We think he may go to Puerto Plata or to Santo Domingo looking for a way to leave the country.

The reason I am posting this here is that he is very talkative when he encounters other english-speakers and there is a chance he may turn up in a beachfront bar on the north coast doing alot of talking and/or drinking. Please email or IM me if you have any leads.

Thanks, all.
I am truly sorry that you and your family are going thru this. I know how you must be feeling right now. Two other ways to go about this is by word of mouth and my handing out flyers, make you that you put that a reward will be given. Good luck and again, I am sorry,

Mark1

Mar 17, 2004
Allow me to suggest you to post a picture of him here , if it's available, it can make things much easier to find him

just my 2 cents
I hope you'll find him soon.
Marco

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
www.ecoislandadventures.com
MrMike said:

Thanks, all.

I saw a male who looked mentally dysfunctional with a female (looked like she was working) at Manolo's Restaurant in Gazcue, Santo Domingo at 12:30am. I just saw your message now, so I wasn't aware of the missing person report. He was white, about 240 lbs, short hair, wearing a dark shirt that said "New York". There was another couple at the table. He had a problem with his lip that resembled Bells Palsy.

I would walk back to Manolo's now and check it out for you, but you have no IM or phone # listed. My AOL IM is "ALiveAnswer". I will be up until 5am, IM if you want me to go check out the area.

I think considering the circumstances, you might want to post a phone #, at least for the police department you reported it to.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Scan001,%20May%2022,%202004.bmp

Here is his picture, not sure if the image will show that way, in any case here is a link that should:

http://groups.msn.com/AlbitzFamily/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1

His hair is shorter now and he doesn't wear the moustache.

My cel phone # is 817-2909

We have already talked to police, hospitals, immigrations (to see if he left the country) airports, etc.

Mark1

Mar 17, 2004
MrMike said:
Scan001,%20May%2022,%202004.bmp

Here is his picture, not sure if the image will show that way, in any case here is a link that should:

http://groups.msn.com/AlbitzFamily/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1

His hair is shorter now and he doesn't wear the moustache.

My cel phone # is 817-2909

We have already talked to police, hospitals, immigrations (to see if he left the country) airports, etc.

Hi MrMike here is the picture of your uncle modified with photoshop, no mustaches and shorter hair.
I'm not a professional, but I hope this can help

http://groups.msn.com/helpdrguy/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
That's awful

Sorry to hear about Roddie. Barbara must be beside herself. We'll keep a lookout....please keep posting and let us know how your seach progresses. Also, let us know if we can do anything to help.

Dianne

Susanita

Feb 11, 2002
Call la Monumental from Santiago

Please call the station heard all over Santiago by publicos and the general public. If stolen cars are identified super fast...I am SURE that a missing person's report will too.

Jose Gutierrez (the host) comes on at 7am and then again at 5pm -- call AHEAD of the show cuz the lines get jammed..the number is : 241-1095

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Update:

Apparrently Rod was spotted in the park "Colon" accross from the "Pez Dorado" in Santiago yesterday, he was sitting on a park bench talking to himself and laughing, wet from the recent rains.

This was reported by a shoe-shine boy and would have been less believeable if not for the fact that Rod does talk to himself and laugh pretty much all the time.

At least we know he is alive and hasn't left Santiago (as of yesterday at least)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hopefully he's been located by now???????

Exposure is not as much of a problem in the DR as here in Canada but hypothermia is still a risk with all the recent rain.
Why not talk to some of the shoe shine boys and offer a small reward. I'm sure if anyone can find him they could!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Glad to see with all the "bad" news in the news that this is getting coverage!

Hope he's found soon Mrmike! Please keep us posted and know that our prayers are with him and also the family. (prayer has been shown to work even if you don't know you're being prayed for and are an unbeliever!). Hopefully they'll work quickly!

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
He's been found, in Santo Domingo, I don't have many details as he is still in route back to Santiago but apparently is alive and well.

Thank you all for your concern and prayers.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Huraay, Hurray, Hurray!!!!!!!!!

MrMike said:
He's been found, in Santo Domingo, I don't have many details as he is still in route back to Santiago but apparently is alive and well.

Thank you all for your concern and prayers.
MrMike, I am soooooooooooooooooooooo glad that he has been found. I am very happy for you, your family and him. Now relax and drink a cold one for all of us :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: