Big drama

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
So, this is a big show, just because the Security of the Airport Las Americas now Call Jose Francisco Pe?a Gomez, made the Cardenal to take of his shoes,
I think it was well done for the Security because every body has to go by the law.

Here is the link. if some body wants translated to English feel free to do it.

Homer

http://www.hoy.com.do/(ltkqwx45eczkel55xibntv25)/aspx/article.aspx?id=14390

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
What law? it was a callous and disrespectfull thing to do. The Cardinal is not just 'everybody'. This sad incident surely had to come from the same people who run the Abu Ghraib prison in Irak.

Mirador

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Mirador said:
What law? it was a callous and disrespectfull thing to do. The Cardinal is not just 'everybody'. This sad incident surely had to come from the same people who run the Abu Ghraib prison in Irak.

Mirador
Your right!
The Cardinal isn't just anybody. He is a High Ranking member of an multi-billion dollar organization that among other things harbors and protects pedophiles and supports Dictators and terrorists all over the world.
If it was up to me I would deport his butt back to Vatican City. Between money and power, religion is the main cause or excuse for War and Terrorism on this planet.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Tony C said:
Your right!
The Cardinal isn't just anybody. He is a High Ranking member of an multi-billion dollar organization that among other things harbors and protects pedophiles and supports Dictators and terrorists all over the world.
If it was up to me I would deport his butt back to Vatican City. Between money and power, religion is the main cause or excuse for War and Terrorism on this planet.

Tony, I am impressed!!! Your ability to fight both sides of an arguments at the same time shows you to be a REAL man!!! Quote from Election Forum "Hippo - a hero ....."

I don't live in a Aynn Rand Novel nor do you live in Woodstock circa 1969. I do not care to live in any society in which a chicken theif or a moto-conchista has the same access to politicians or rights as me. That would be disastorous for society as awhole as those who have not are are that way for a very basic reason. They fail. If Society was to allow them equal access and influence they would fail at that as well.
The D.R. is a perfect example of this.

Go for it Brother, .... but don't get TOO schitsophrenic (sp?) - we would hate to loose you to a deranged mind!!! - Grahame

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
BushBaby said:
Tony, I am impressed!!! Your ability to fight both sides of an arguments at the same time shows you to be a REAL man!!! Quote from Election Forum "Hippo - a hero ....."

I don't live in a Aynn Rand Novel nor do you live in Woodstock circa 1969. I do not care to live in any society in which a chicken theif or a moto-conchista has the same access to politicians or rights as me. That would be disastorous for society as awhole as those who have not are are that way for a very basic reason. They fail. If Society was to allow them equal access and influence they would fail at that as well.

Go for it Brother, .... but don't get TOO schitsophrenic (sp?) - we would hate to loose you to a deranged mind!!! - Grahame
Hey nitpicker, I guess he says that HE wants what he doesnt think the church deserves.

Let me know what else you need me to interpret for you.

FWIW: I see old ladies made to take their shoes off also. Why should the Cardinal be held to a different standard after all the old woman is not your profile of a terrorist.

Scott

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
BushBaby said:

Sory to disappoint you Bushy,
As far as I am concerned the Cardinal's Money and power was gained through illicit activities so my standards do not apply. But remember we live in a world that if Adolf Hitler were alive today they would send a limosine!
BTW security at airports is a joke. It is there to remove fear from the the general public. A public that has no clue as to how easy it is to bring down a plane. Making a old woman take off her shoes is just there way of saying; "See? we are taking all necessary precautions. It is ok to fly!"

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Tony C said:
Your right!

I have no argument with that :)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Escott said:
Hey nitpicker, I guess he says that HE wants what he doesnt think the church deserves.

Let me know what else you need me to interpret for you.

FWIW: I see old ladies made to take their shoes off also. Why should the Cardinal be held to a different standard after all the old woman is not your profile of a terrorist.

Scott

My, ..... Such hostility towards me at the moment Scotty!!! This thread AND the other!!

Actually, I DID understand TonyC's comments very clearly & (despite what YOU read into my response to him) I was NOT arguing for or against what he had written!! I even agree to some extent that much of the heirachy of the Church thinks itself above the rules & laws that we plebs have to abide to! Tony saw this & responded accordingly but then possibly he isn't in such an attacking mode as you right now!!

Tony ---- You are a wind-up merchant (but then you KNOW that!!). I accept your point about the Church expecting favours that others aren't allowed to have, I accept that much of their financing could have been illicitly gained (I ONLY say 'could' because I have no proof personally that this is the case & hate to say something is a fact without such personal proof). My comment (as YOU saw) was directed as the apparent conflict between the two posts. Probably THIS one is correct & the other one is in error?? - Grahame.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
BushBaby said:
My comment (as YOU saw) was directed as the apparent conflict between the two posts. Probably THIS one is correct & the other one is in error?? - Grahame.

Neither one is in error.
People or organizations that gain their power or money through non illegal or immoral means do not deserve the perks.
As of now the law says that anyone can be searched. Now if some people lobby the Gov to change that law to exempt certain people with Diplomatic status I have no problems with that.
Now the arguement is whether the Cardinal deserves diplomatic status?

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
One thing

I am really agree about checking the Cardinal, he could be a holy guy with a hight rank but, he has to go by the rules, For sure he coming back from United states at the airport will happen the same thing and he is not going to complain about.
Another thing is, if they dont check him, then many others high rank guys will say "Don't check my stuff". That's what I call abuse of power.

Also I dont know in united states but here in Canada I don't see religius guys involved in Politic stuff.

Homer

lensky

May 17, 2004
Did you'll follow thorugh the Listing Diario article on the return of the Cardenal? Talk about arrogance!

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Deport him back to La Vega!

Tony C said:

I totally agree with this statement but the guy is Dominican and can't be deported for crying out loud! He is from la Vega, though, so you would have to deport him back to La Vega.

In any case, he says he's not going back to the U.S. due to all the security-related 'indignities' one must go through. In a way he is right and terrorism has won since the US has been forced to change due to September 11th and the resulting fears. Too bad.

Going back to the Cardinal, I never liked the guy, anyways!

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Mirador said:

Mirador

Yet another example of "tumbapolvismo" dominicano.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
this is plain silly

Mirador said:

Mirador

I find this discussion somewhat absurd. Here?s why - - security rules must apply to all passengers or they would lose their effectiveness. It is simple. If, for whatever reason, the Cardinal or anyone else feels they can?t tolerate the same security checks as every other passenger, then he and those like him should not travel on commercial airlines. In other words, if you are so important and exalted, go get a private jet.

Now, for a more subjective analysis, my opinion is the higher you go on the Dominican hierarchy of officialdom, the more double and triple standards you find. This is not, IMHO, unrelated to various social and economic development obstacles facing the country.

lensky

May 17, 2004
DITTO Arturo, but dont go giving him any ideas about a private jet, Dominicans will be paying for that too.