Sankie mania!!

Ella

Jul 30, 2003
I very rarely post but often read up...my gosh do i ever feel compelled to write something!

What is up with all the sankie loving ladies?! Give yourselves a bit more credit ladies, these guys are hot but most of them are about as bright as a bag of pucks! Maybe i'm a realist or a pessimist, but don't tell me that you fall in love with these dudes after a week! That's crazy.

The first time i went to the DR, i didn't even know the term sankie. If i think back to that first time, i can now pinpoint exactly who they are. I think the funniest thing i ever saw was two sankies battling it out for one of my friends. True love? i think not; we were there for 7 days.

I have since returned to the DR a few times knowing this term and if you know what your looking for, it's quite entertaining to see these guys on the prowl.

And seriously as hot as these guys are, i would never sleep with one of these guys. i have way too much going for me at home to go on vacation and come back with some kind of venereal disease from a guy who bangs dozens of women (and probably men) a week.

Go, have fun, use protection but for Pete's sake, if you can afford to vacation in an AI, it means you make a decent enough income to come back to and probably a pretty good life. Don't waste your well earned cash on some dude you've know for 7 days.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ella, you are my woman of the week on DR1. This is the difference between a classy lady and the trailer-trash that I always talk about. Some of these bimbos seem to worship these ghetto freaks as if they were the most perfect men who have ever stepped into their lives. These guys can't write one sentence (English or Spanish) without making numerous grammatical, spelling errors. Almost all can't write, period. These guys are total losers who will never make it to anywhere in this country. All they do is chase fat unwanted women who lack self esteem. They use them and get whatever they can get out of them. The sad part is that many of these women (uglies and cute) actually fall in love with these guys who have nothing to offer to this society, Thus, that?s why they are employed for 100 dollars / month. They are total losers in Dominican society and yet women on this forum treat them like gods. So there you have it, the prime example of a proud woman who sets higher standards for herself when it comes to finding quality men for serious relationship. This I can't say about the euro-north-American trash who dream of making babies with those out-casts.
Have a nice day clippedwing.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hope you all keep in mind that the subject is SANKIES which does not include all resort workers or any other Dominican that's NOT a sankie.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Actually i must sincerely admit before this forum that i feel very happy for those dominican hard working resort workers who have enough principles as human beings to decide not to follow the sankie career and see in the long term that it will bring no greater benefit than honest work. If they do get involve with the tourists they just do it to make them feel comfortable, for fun or just for the sex. Unfortunately this is the exception, but it is present. These resort workers are the kind of people as well as other dominicans that give good credit to the DR.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
my 2 cents..........

Ella said:
I very rarely post but often read up...my gosh do i ever feel compelled to write something!

What is up with all the sankie loving ladies?! Give yourselves a bit more credit ladies, these guys are hot but most of them are about as bright as a bag of pucks! Maybe i'm a realist or a pessimist, but don't tell me that you fall in love with these dudes after a week! That's crazy.

The first time i went to the DR, i didn't even know the term sankie. If i think back to that first time, i can now pinpoint exactly who they are. I think the funniest thing i ever saw was two sankies battling it out for one of my friends. True love? i think not; we were there for 7 days.

I have since returned to the DR a few times knowing this term and if you know what your looking for, it's quite entertaining to see these guys on the prowl.

And seriously as hot as these guys are, i would never sleep with one of these guys. i have way too much going for me at home to go on vacation and come back with some kind of venereal disease from a guy who bangs dozens of women (and probably men) a week.

Go, have fun, use protection but for Pete's sake, if you can afford to vacation in an AI, it means you make a decent enough income to come back to and probably a pretty good life. Don't waste your well earned cash on some dude you've know for 7 days.

I would just like to state something. A lot of tourist girls have no idea what a sankie is?!? I myself had no clue what they were, and never heard the term. I did not know until I came back and did not stumble upon this website until at least a year later. So please give these girls some credit, maybe they don't know that they are being had. How do you know if you have never travelled. When I came to the DR, its was my first trip on my own with friends. I was clueless to the world, as I often saw it in girls in later visits. they don't know about "sankies" or what they do. So please don't be so hard on them.

Ella

Jul 30, 2003
No doubt - i had no idea the first time i went either! i don't mean to offend anyone, but like i said, who seriously falls in love with someone in 7 days? I don't believe in love at first sight so i certainly wouldn't put my life 2nd in line to some guy who needs money for whatever issues he has after spending a few lusty hours together. I think as females we are all a little too nurturing, but don't forget to watch out and take care of #1, not some guy with a sob story. Maybe i'm a b*tch...I just can't believe how many females fall into this trap and lose sight of reality.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Ella,

Well and realisticly spoken.... Women (but men too) should not enter into love relationships with people who basically use their good looks (and they are good looking) as a means of survival, within a week of getting to know each other. If they will act this way with you, they did so before you and will do so after you... there is nothing wrong with what they do, just enoy your time, use protection and leave any feelings on the island...

MD

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
On my first visit to the DR I didn't know what a Sankie was either but I still didn't fall for one. I heard the lines from some resort workers I love you, I want to kiss you, come with me I'll take you out on my motoconcho blah blah! I think you just have to be realistic that's all, a person's common sense shouldn't disappear because your in another country on vacation. I didn't fall for any of it even without knowing what a Sankie was because realistically nobody can love you in a week they don't even know you. They will love a new girl every week lol just like I would tell them.
Just my thoughts.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
I like your answer

Hats off to you! You just summarized in a few appropiate lines what eveyone is wasting valuable time in my mind discussing when it's just about common sense. Sanky may be the term used to describe these wayward men and their behaviour in the DR but as far as I am concerned and have seen there are Sankies everywhere in the world for that matter especially in countries that are poor and specialize in tourism. A few come to mind off the bat. Maybe the "business" is not as prominent in other countries but it exists. And as you said it's about exercising common sense anywhere at all times. What you would not accept from a male in your country you should not accept abroad when on vacation. Honestly all this sanky discussions have lost their initial intrigue and really make me wonder if those who are fooled by these men really value themselves. Personally, I think anyone who is taken by these predators should get what's coming to them that includes all STD's out there that don't even have a name yet. It's okay to go on vacation and have fun but do it wisely. I do believe that on vacation you can meet a person of value male or female but....I think deep down inside you should be able to separate the rift raft (la chusma) from a person of caliber and moral decency. That's just me and my humble opinion but I like your response.

Music said:
On my first visit to the DR I didn't know what a Sankie was either but I still didn't fall for one. I heard the lines from some resort workers I love you, I want to kiss you, come with me I'll take you out on my motoconcho blah blah! I think you just have to be realistic that's all, a person's common sense shouldn't disappear because your in another country on vacation. I didn't fall for any of it even without knowing what a Sankie was because realistically nobody can love you in a week they don't even know you. They will love a new girl every week lol just like I would tell them.
Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
as already stated, not knowing what a Sankie is does not mean you should lack common sense. Women who fall for these guys should examine themselves and see if there is a deep rooted issue within themselves.

Most women fall for these guys because they have some type of emotional dependency.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I don't think women who fall for these guys necessarily should be stereotyped. I've seen many beautiful, intelligent, successful women falling for sankies. Sometimes because they're beautiful and get attention wherever they go, they fall harder because they don't have any reason to believe these men are not sincere. They fall for them because they're "out of the box", in a whole different world and want to believe the fairy tales, the falling in love at first sight, and the lines these sankies feed them. Maybe they're rebelling their parents wishes...and quite possibly, there's a few that are beautiful, but do have low self-esteem. I don't necessarily believe there has to be underlying problems with the women (or men) in order to be "taken in" by a sanky.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Lesley D- thanks and you made some great points as well!

cmedina07- I agree with you women do have to look within themselves.

Eveyone loves the fairytale but they are not real life and there's no problem with having fun on your vacation. But some go back home and are still trying to live the fairytale and that's when they get hurt or used.
I upsets me that women fall for this stuff, you as an individual should want better for yourself! Someone who truly will love you and treat you with respect and please try not to be nieve the truth is always infront of you. The problem is that it is hard for us to accept it for what it is. You hardly know someone in a week never mind believing that they love you.

All I can say is good luck to all the women and have fun on vacation but be strong and SMART at the same time!

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Sankie again?

I think i should go to DR and become a Sankie. Hey why not! let me have some fun!

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Trina,

I totally understand your point but for those women then the blow is really hard. That's what I call "caer de bruces". When reality steps in it's so painful and possibly they get more emotional damage than the average woman because they were just so unaware in the first place. I believe too that you can meet your significant other abroad to me that's a very normal reality but you have look at the circumstances. I just don't think I would be impressed with someone who is probaly not groomed, not looked like he has bathed in hot water in the last 24 hrs (I AM NOT SAYING DOMINICANS SMELL AS MOST PEOPLE ARE INDICATING BELOW. I AM ONLY REFERRING TO SOME SANKIES THAT I HAVE MET. AND WHO KNOWS MAYBE THEY WERE NOT SANKIES IF YOU ARE SAYING THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS WELL GROOMED. I HOPE THIS IS CLEAR NOW) and probably does not speak proper Spanish or English. He would not catch my eye and I am not a snob. If some women are taken by these type of men then they are really not up to speed and are as you said "out of the box". Quiz?s.... realmente no s?.

trina said:
I don't think women who fall for these guys necessarily should be stereotyped. I've seen many beautiful, intelligent, successful women falling for sankies. Sometimes because they're beautiful and get attention wherever they go, they fall harder because they don't have any reason to believe these men are not sincere. They fall for them because they're "out of the box", in a whole different world and want to believe the fairy tales, the falling in love at first sight, and the lines these sankies feed them. Maybe they're rebelling their parents wishes...and quite possibly, there's a few that are beautiful, but do have low self-esteem. I don't necessarily believe there has to be underlying problems with the women (or men) in order to be "taken in" by a sanky.

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Lesley D said:
Trina,

I totally understand your point but for those women then the blow is really hard. That's what I call "caer de bruces". When reality steps in it's so painful and possibly they get more emotional damage than the average woman because they were just so unaware in the first place. I believe too that you can meet your significant other abroad to me that's a very normal reality but you have look at the circumstances. I just don't think I would be impressed with someone who is probaly not groomed, not looked like he has bathed in hot water in the last 24 hrs and probably does not speak proper Spanish or English. He would not catch my eye and I am not a snob. If some women are taken by these type of men then they are really not up to speed and are as you said "out of the box". Quiz?s.... realmente no s?.

I agree on all points, except for:

I just don't think I would be impressed with someone who is probaly not groomed, not looked like he has bathed in hot water in the last 24 hrs and probably does not speak proper Spanish or English.

I have never seen a sanky looking less than perfectly groomed and bathed (ETA: and very very few Dominicans - they always look their best, in stark contrast to many other countries). Many are very good looking, and know it. Many are wearing very expensive clothes and jewelry (of course, when it is a true sanky, he will tell you how little he earns and how he supports his family. So where did he get the nice clothes and expensive jewelry from??? - that's the obvious question, I'm sure very rarely asked). They also speak very good English...and French, Dutch, Italian, and German, etc etc etc.

I myself have trouble believing you can fall for someone in a week, but it happens. I know a few that have met their husband on vacation and have had a very successful relationship come of it. Again, I do say few. There are many that have lost everything due to this relationship, as well.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Lesley D said:
Trina,
I just don't think I would be impressed with someone who is probaly not groomed, not looked like he has bathed in hot water in the last 24 hrs and probably does not speak proper Spanish or English. He would not catch my eye and I am not a snob. If some women are taken by these type of men then they are really not up to speed and are as you said "out

Who the heck are you taking about? I have volunteered here in Canada at a centre for street kids. I cut hair for free and most of the time I had to ask them to please wash their hair in the bathroom sink because I couldn't stand the smell. I've never ever ran into a Dominican that smelled dirty. Have you? Don't sure where you hang out

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Luck of the draw I guess but I did NOT say Dominicans smell (en general ni pensar). I have no right to say and would not venture to say such nonsense. But some of the Sankies that I have seen I would not approach with a 10 foot pole. Please DO NOT misinterpret as most people do on these posts. If more clarification is needed please send me a PM but I think I have explained myself well but...wow this shows me (once again) how a simple phrase can be totally taken out of context. Especially your first line. Por favor no me trates as?...

Anna Coniglio said:
Who the heck are you taking about? I have volunteered here in Canada at a centre for street kids. I cut hair for free and most of the time I had to ask them to please wash their hair in the bathroom sink because I couldn't stand the smell. I've never ever ran into a Dominican that smelled dirty. Have you? Don't sure where you hang out

Last edited:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
trina said:
tc etc etc.

I myself have trouble believing you can fall for someone in a week, but it happens. I know a few that have met their husband on vacation and have had a very successful relationship come of it. Again, I do say few. There are many that have lost everything due to this relationship, as well.

Very true and well said. I have read some of the successful stories on this board and have met some people as well.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Lesley D said:
I just don't think I would be impressed with someone who is probaly not groomed, not looked like he has bathed in hot water in the last 24 hrs and probably does not speak proper Spanish or English. He would not catch my eye and I am not a snob. If some women are taken by these type of men then they are really not up to speed and are as you said "out of the box". Quiz?s.... realmente no s?.

Lesley, I don't know what type of Dominicans you have been hanging out with but in my experience Dominicans have to be the most hygiene conscious race I have come across. They are ALWAYS clean and well groomed, especially the ones who are looking to pick-up tourists wearing their designer clothes.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
See my response above I think you are may be taking it out of context too. I would not condemn a whole group of people. I am not crazy nor do I have the right. I am just referring to the Sankies that I have run into. Hope this is clear.

Fiesta Mama said:
Lesley, I don't know what type of Dominicans you have been hanging out with but in my experience Dominicans have to be the most hygiene conscious race I have come across. They are ALWAYS clean and well groomed, especially the ones who are looking to pick-up tourists wearing their designer clothes.