Is anybody here close to Leonel Fernandez? I hate to harp on this,but..

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
If anybody on this board is close to the new president and has his ears, I would like to give some good advise. I hate to harp on this but here are my feelings.

I know is too early and Leonel should be given his honeymoon and plenty of time to get things organized before we get somewhere after the devastation created by the "bald monster" and his PPH machine. Thank god they're gone.

There is already too much Leonel, too much PLD and too much 'E pa fuera que van' crap. The PLD party is notorious for talking too much. Their party officials and government heads drive people mad with their continous speeches, talk show presence and press space. I have already mentioned that Leonel must keep his past administration officials away from key jobs. These are the same people who drove his party out of office. Again, this same people are grandstanding all over the place. People like Temistocles Montas,Daniel Toribio, Alejandrina German ,Rafael Camilo, Carlos Dore, Melanio Paredes and others are beginning to get lots of air and TV play. This is a big no, no. Special interest groups that sponsored Leonel are posting entire pages in newspapers with needless congratulatory statements.

I consider myself an independent middle to upper class voter. We decided this election. We are the silent majority or influential majority that generally decides elections. I do not hold party emotions. I could care less about political parties in DR. If anything I would abolish them all.

I can very objectively say that Leonel's government is already in deep trouble without having yet one day in office. Its seems already like the old garbage all over again. These old party officials who are already becoming the key players in his next administration are beginning to make mistakes, and grave ones at that.

Leonel has to take charge inmediately and put a zipper in their big mouths. There should only be one voice in this government, and that is Leonel himself. That is, until things get organized.

But I suggest to him, in very strong terms, to keep this wild bunch out of his administration for his own good. People voted for somehting 'new'. We have very bad memories of these past officials. They are not going to change. Montas' statement recently that they are not going to be 'comesolos' again is wishful thinking. This "PPH" equivalent has no cure. They are 'comesolos' for life and their arrogance continues to show. This in addition to his new "PLP" group is a devastating mutual. Leonel was able in 2000 to keep his popularity ratings above his own party and officials, which is why he became the standard bearer for anti-Hipolito voting. But like Dr. Felix E.F. Larocca wrote in today's column at Cafebambu.com, Leonel "?l no fue la preferencia del pueblo…
Para esta naci?n, los ciudadanos que por ?l votaran, acudieron a sufragar en masa, no para elegirlo a ?l sino para repudiar a otro gobernante y a su gobierno. Leonel no fue una preferencia libre --- Leonel fue un presidente accidental."

In other words, Leonel victory was just an accident of history. I agree that Leonel was not the choice of the people. The people chose him to throw an evil man out of office, because he was the best tool to do it. But just as soon, the same people will make his life impossible if he doesn't listen to this advice.

TW

I predict that if Leonel appoints only 50% of these people, his government is finished. I for one, have an eye on this. I am coming with laser guns after this group with no mercy. They either put up or shut up.

Things are

TW

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Not me!

Golo100 said:
If anybody on this board is close to the new president and has his ears, I would like to give some good advise. I hate to harp on this but here are my feelings.

I know is too early and Leonel should be given his honeymoon and plenty of time to get things organized before we get somewhere after the devastation created by the "bald monster" and his PPH machine. Thank god they're gone.

There is already too much Leonel, too much PLD and too much 'E pa fuera que van' crap. The PLD party is notorious for talking too much. Their party officials and government heads drive people mad with their continous speeches, talk show presence and press space. I have already mentioned that Leonel must keep his past administration officials away from key jobs. These are the same people who drove his party out of office. Again, this same people are grandstanding all over the place. People like Temistocles Montas,Daniel Toribio, Alejandrina German ,Rafael Camilo, Carlos Dore, Melanio Paredes and others are beginning to get lots of air and TV play. This is a big no, no. Special interest groups that sponsored Leonel are posting entire pages in newspapers with needless congratulatory statements.

I consider myself an independent middle to upper class voter. We decided this election. We are the silent majority or influential majority that generally decides elections. I do not hold party emotions. I could care less about political parties in DR. If anything I would abolish them all.

I can very objectively say that Leonel's government is already in deep trouble without having yet one day in office. Its seems already like the old garbage all over again. These old party officials who are already becoming the key players in his next administration are beginning to make mistakes, and grave ones at that.

Leonel has to take charge inmediately and put a zipper in their big mouths. There should only be one voice in this government, and that is Leonel himself. That is, until things get organized.

But I suggest to him, in very strong terms, to keep this wild bunch out of his administration for his own good. People voted for somehting 'new'. We have very bad memories of these past officials. They are not going to change. Montas' statement recently that they are not going to be 'comesolos' again is wishful thinking. This "PPH" equivalent has no cure. They are 'comesolos' for life and their arrogance continues to show. This in addition to his new "PLP" group is a devastating mutual. Leonel was able in 2000 to keep his popularity ratings above his own party and officials, which is why he became the standard bearer for anti-Hipolito voting. But like Dr. Felix E.F. Larocca wrote in today's column at Cafebambu.com, Leonel "?l no fue la preferencia del pueblo…
Para esta naci?n, los ciudadanos que por ?l votaran, acudieron a sufragar en masa, no para elegirlo a ?l sino para repudiar a otro gobernante y a su gobierno. Leonel no fue una preferencia libre --- Leonel fue un presidente accidental."

In other words, Leonel victory was just an accident of history. I agree that Leonel was not the choice of the people. The people chose him to throw an evil man out of office, because he was the best tool to do it. But just as soon, the same people will make his life impossible if he doesn't listen to this advice.

TW

I predict that if Leonel appoints only 50% of these people, his government is finished. I for one, have an eye on this. I am coming with laser guns after this group with no mercy. They either put up or shut up.

Things are

TW
But I know three people that have been offered positions in his government already and one of those was asked by the president himself.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
....a dr1 claim to fame at last......within the last month, i would say leonel has telephoned us (not actually me, but the wife - reason being politics - nothing to do with work, i.e. she's not his secretary or anything like that) four times - though, i couldn't claim to know him well enough to pass on your message.

...i could certainly relay your message to euclides gutierrez, jaime david or rafael alberquerque, who have all been around for "afternoon tea" (or thereabouts), but it wouldn't get the same required results.

....i could also certainly pass on any message you like to guido or hatuey (i thought i would throw that in), who both drink harder stuff, but the only words you'd want to say to guido are "you ******* *******!" and "you are going to get your ******* **** ****** **!" or words to that effect which he might not appreciate.

- although the above is actually true, i admit that i am a middle to upper class "nothing" in this 'tin-pot' society (i will probably still get a piece of any pie).............but here's a thought, although i can sympathise with much that you say, imagine if i , or anyone else, did relay your message.....leonel's first thoughts are going to be, "what's this jumped-up little plonker waffling on about? i haven't even got into office yet and this pratt thinks he knows everything. what a burke!". then i would never get an audience with him again.

you don't really think leonel is stupid enough to make the same mistakes again, do you? perhaps he is, but he would be more stupid to open his mouth now to shut his cronies up. he is much wiser to go with the flow and keep most people happy at the moment until he does get in office - then let's see how many of the old 'comesolos' are going to be left disappointed.

i don't know why you (golo) are so into 'new government' bashing this quick off the block.....let's have a little patience, please. then we can do it together.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Maybe he already hears you Golo 100!

Golo100 seems to be obsessed with jumping all over Leonel 3 months before he takes power! What other alternative is there now? We are with him for 4 years and then we'll see what we need to do on May 16th, 2008. In any case, don't be surprised if Leonel doesn't look into DR1, even occasionally, or perhaps is participating with us under a pseudonym? Maybe he already hears you, Golo100!