Got married, and are having a child

Lurer

May 24, 2004
I got married to my dominican boyfriend in the DR a few weeks ago, and we are also having a child together.
I have some questions about what rights this gives us. We will be living outside Dr for a while, but might move back in a few years.

-Will I still have to travel to Dr on a tourist visa, or will I have rights as a "dominican"? How do I arrange the paperworks?

-Our child will not be born in DR, but we want it to be a resident of both countries. How do I get dominican papers for our child?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
As the wife to a Dominican, you have the right to become a Dominican citizen. You need to follow the citizenship procedure, which by the way is simpler than the residency provision because you are primarily only dealing with one government department -- Interior & Police. In the meantime, you still need to enter as a tourist.

Regarding your baby and Dominican citizenship... You need to register the baby within the first 30 days at the nearest Dominican consulate to start the procedure for applying for Dominican citizenship for the child.