Punta Cana

ftkid

May 25, 2004
Hi
im going to punta cana in june, with my boyfriend, we are a young gay couple. Does anyone know what it is like there and is there any where for us to go and meet some local gay lads, all the fun seems to be in the city, santo Domingo. Oh yes and how will the weather be like,???

Ms.Z

Apr 29, 2004
ftkid said:
hey come on, over 60 peole have read this and not one reply

If you do a search on "gays", you will find a lot of information that may be helpful to you.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
gay men !

i love gay men... i swore to marry one one day ... (i know i know.. hes gay and your a girl ) well BLAH !!!.......... i met a awesome gay guy in punta cana and thats where i got my nick La_barbie..........

are you guys the kind that are like a girls best friend... i think you know what i mean.... la_barbie is the kind of guy who wears makeup- glitter in his hair.. tank tops.... the whole shebang !!!

:)

ftkid

May 25, 2004
jajajjaaa

hi
thanks for the reply (2)
well were are young (ish) 24+ 26 just looking for fun
no i dont ware glitter or even a tank top
we are you boys next door type, good lokking
and fit

juana324@msn.co

May 26, 2004
ftkid said:
Hi
im going to punta cana in june, with my boyfriend, we are a young gay couple. Does anyone know what it is like there and is there any where for us to go and meet some local gay lads, all the fun seems to be in the city, santo Domingo. Oh yes and how will the weather be like,???
hello let me start by letting you know that i am not gay but i do know that dr is a very beutiful place and the people are very friendly and accommodating but be careful not to get ripped off very easy there and before you buy anything agree to a price before you buy it.the weather is very hot and bring repelent something that i forgot.i'm sure if you let someone there know about you wanting to meet other people you'll have no problem.I will guarantee you are going to want to go back. I know the family that i hooked up with were the best. If you get into a jam ask for the Gomez family in pedernales it's far from where you are going but at least you have a contact person tell them you are friends of juanita from n.j. wish i could go with you have fun and be safe. If you like contact me and i'll share the phone number with you. pedernales is southwest of santo domingo very close to haiti. oh and bring sun glasses!!!!

ftkid

May 25, 2004
nice people

Hi
thanks for that, im glad, you have cheerd me up.
Im so looking foward to this holiday, just thought it might be
nice to meet local gay lads while we were there on holiday.
If i can get a flight from punta cana to santo domingo, we will go there for the day.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
They'd be better off with strangers...

juana324@msn.co said:
... I know the family that i hooked up with were the best. If you get into a jam ask for the Gomez family in pedernales it's far from where you are going but at least you have a contact person tell them you are friends of juanita from n.j. wish i could go with you have fun and be safe. If you like contact me and i'll share the phone number with you. pedernales is southwest of santo domingo very close to haiti....

My god Juanita, it is a 10-hour drive from Punta Cana to Pedernales; the entire Dominican Republic's length east to west! That's just too far. They'd be better off with stangers right there at Punta Cana.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
For your own safety, be wary of the following norms in Dominican society...

First of all, I'm a guy and I'm not gay. However, I have no prob. with gay people as long they don't try to hit on me after I told them I'm not gay. Anyways, here are a few norms in Dominican society about gays that you guys should know about if you plan to leave the resorts.

1. The largest gay community on the island (if not islands) is in Santo Domingo. There is a lively gay nightlife in that city with some gay bars, I think Aire is one of them if it's still open. These bars tend to open and close as if they are riding a wind.

2. The general public perception is that behind close doors you can do as you wish, but in public be respectful of others. In short, try to not be too "loving" in public. Most people would just look the other way, but some will just pick a fight - as you probably know already.

3. In the resorts there might be no problems (most tourist are from Europe and if you find out they are from the Netherland where ever you're staying, than it's like a dream for you guys. Does people tolerate that with out a hitch). But, be careful of the usual nut head that wants to impose his belief on everybody.

4. Have fun! Drink some presidente Beer! And when you're done, post your trip here!! Enjoy my beautiful country!!