Hey guys, let's help!!!

Lissa

Aug 7, 2003
www.lldesigndr.com
As all of you know the constant rains have hurt very bad the Jimani zone (this is in the Haiti border). As I write there are more than 150 bodies found dead and 200 missing people, well the thing is that they need help, there are thousand of homeless families now, they don't have anything to eat or water to drink, the silie river took everything away, the house and all that they have, so I was thinking that we can give them a hand of help.
If you live in Santo Domingo area you can go to the national emergency's commission (comision nacional de emergencia), is located in the back side of "La Plaza de la salud" in the Ortega y Gasset street, donate "anything" I mean clothes, water,canned food,plastic glasses, dishes, spoons,mattress, shoes, baby's clothes, bedspreads, etc..
Or if you live outside of Sto Dgo go to the nearest civil defense (defensa civil) that might be organizing trips to go to jimani to help, and if you live near by jimani go by yourself and see what you can do.. But I'm begging you to do something because this is a major disaster.
I'm sorry to use this thread for this but this is a national disaster that might touch us all... Thanks
Lissa

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Also thru Freddy Beras Goico

Lissa said:
As all of you know the constant rains have hurt very bad the Jimani zone (this is in the Haiti border). As I write there are more than 150 bodies found dead and 200 missing people, well the thing is that they need help, there are thousand of homeless families now, they don't have anything to eat or water to drink, the silie river took everything away, the house and all that they have, so I was thinking that we can give them a hand of help.
If you live in Santo Domingo area you can go to the national emergency's commission (comision nacional de emergencia), is located in the back side of "La Plaza de la salud" in the Ortega y Gasset street, donate "anything" I mean clothes, water,canned food,plastic glasses, dishes, spoons,mattress, shoes, baby's clothes, bedspreads, etc..
Or if you live outside of Sto Dgo go to the nearest civil defense (defensa civil) that might be organizing trips to go to jimani to help, and if you live near by jimani go by yourself and see what you can do.. But I'm begging you to do something because this is a major disaster.
I'm sorry to use this thread for this but this is a national disaster that might touch us all... Thanks
Lissa

For those residing here in the DR and wanting to help, you can also bring any contributions in personal effects, checks, etc., to Freddy y Punto at Colorvision, Channel 9, who are working along with the Dominican Red Cross and the National Emergency Commission.

Lissa

Aug 7, 2003
www.lldesigndr.com
ustelephone said:
What about volunteers? I'm a pilot. Any idea where to go?
Great you can be very helpful !!! If you are in Sto Dgo area go to National emergency commission it's located in La Plaza de la Salud, or if you're outside the city go to your local Red Cross office or Civil Defense...

juliobat

May 22, 2004
Lets Help

If you are in the United States almost every Dominican consulate are taking donations

We need,

Non perishable foods(canned, etc)
Clothes
Water
Medicine

They do not take cash. Please find out where
the nearest consulate is and give what you can

Regards,

Julio