Voice over Internet

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
internet calls

Does anyone use any of the interent services that allow you to make calls over the internet? I've read a few articles on this topic and it seems these services are getting better? any advise?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Calling with a calling card is so inexpensive that those internet services are so hard to use because one person has to stop talking before the other starts and if they keep saying "are you there" you never have a chance to talk. If you absolutely have to use intenet for calling then I'd use paltalk. You can open your own private room and at least you can see when the person on the other end stops using the mic.

www.paltalk.com

Captdavid

Feb 19, 2004
Voip

santanatwins said:
Does anyone use any of the interent services that allow you to make calls over the internet? I've read a few articles on this topic and it seems these services are getting better? any advise?

Yes "Dialpad" works great to the US from DR = it is expensive DR to DR

Captdavid

Feb 19, 2004
Voip

Anna Coniglio said:
Calling with a calling card is so inexpensive that those internet services are so hard to use because one person has to stop talking before the other starts and if they keep saying "are you there" you never have a chance to talk. If you absolutely have to use intenet for calling then I'd use paltalk. You can open your own private room and at least you can see when the person on the other end stops using the mic.

www.paltalk.com
I am using Dialpad to the US from the DR...PC to land phone.. it's 2.9 cents calling card or 1.7 cents monthly rate...it works great.. My problem is DR to DR the rate is 13 cents. I need to use my PC in the DR to call a DR land phone.

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
www.ecoislandadventures.com
My advice to all of you is to STOP talking about the usage of voice over IP on this or any forum. It is illegal to use VoIP in your home here to receive or place calls without paying the telephone company a termination fee for each call. In other words, you are not paying them for long-distance, and they DO NOT like it. All three of the providers have security forces that out number the police in this country. If they catch you they will disconnect your service and you WILL be fined HEAVILY. The largest phone company here is working on installing a filter on all residential DSL connections that will disable the VoIP protocols used by most of the providers. If you haven't figuered out how to get it ot how to use it, my suggestion is search the net. By opening threads about this you are only motivating the powers that be to move faster, and they DO read the site.