Buy Land and Build or buy house?????

Rameses

Apr 23, 2004
I'm looking to buy a house but I dont know if I should buy land and build? Will it be cheaper? Longer? in the end is it better to just buy a house?
any info please foward to smily2day@hotmail.com
Thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You should investigate what housing is available before you make up your mind. And don't even consider building unless you will be here full time, repeat full time, to supervise. Do not under any circumstances pay a large percentage to a contractor and then go back to your country, depending on the contractor to follow through. I guarantee that when you come back, even if it is on the date the contractor promised to have the house done, that work will have barely started, if that.

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
Ken said:
You should investigate what housing is available before you make up your mind. And don't even consider building unless you will be here full time, repeat full time, to supervise. Do not under any circumstances pay a large percentage to a contractor and then go back to your country, depending on the contractor to follow through. I guarantee that when you come back, even if it is on the date the contractor promised to have the house done, that work will have barely started, if that.

I live in NYC but from what i have heard its much much much better to just buy a house and make sure that it can support any additions that you might want later on as opposed to buying land and building which is not very smart unless you stay there litteraly STAY there

gin

Mar 19, 2004
Ken said:

And what about "Buy land, self-build, sell the house and restart" ?

Gin's Dad