bridge is down?

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
...i was told that the haina bridge has collapsed......or is in the process of collapsing. if the story is true, i'm not sure where you would go on that route after you pay your 'peaje' (toll).

...i went to elcaribecdn.com.do (the old cdn site) to see if the story is true, but i saw some more photos of the dead children in jimani. if there's one thing graphic images do is that they can show how horrible tragedies are....i am now terribly depressed.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
The Rio Haina Bridge

bochinche said:
...i was told that the haina bridge has collapsed......or is in the process of collapsing. if the story is true, i'm not sure where you would go on that route after you pay your 'peaje' (toll).

The Rio Haina bridge you refer to is the one in the old highway to San Cristobal near the Port of Haina. It has not collapsed but has been closed due to a hole in the road something to do with a joint between the bridge and the road (probably due to the heavy stress of the constant truck/container traffic to Santo Dominco). The newer bridge on the 6 de Noviembre highway is fine.