Santo Domingo Weather Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
After a weekend of rains, the sun has been shining since yesterday in Santo Domingo. Today, also. The sun is most welcome to dry up all the humidity.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
The north has not been affected so much then? I have heard it has been miserable..............but its not been as heavy as elsewhere?

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Keep upthe good work Dolores!

Sounds Good Dolores, keep up the good work and us updated! :). I will arrive Sunday May 30th for 8 days and I know the weather is un-predictable but for me and my 9 amigos that are coming to Santo Domingo and Boca Chica I am hoping for the best! Many of my friends down there have told the the weather has been nice and sunny the past few days so I hope that's a good omen! :classic:

Dolores said:
Let's keep this post to Santo Domingo weather. I will open a thread for Puerto Plata weather.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Dolores said:
Let's keep this post to Santo Domingo weather. I will open a thread for Puerto Plata weather.

No problem, there was no Puerta Plata thread when i posted ;)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
For the record, Santo Domingo today had wonderful sunny day. In the Julieta area where our office is located the skies were blue all around, few clouds. Not a single drop of rain today. I would say if it rains, will be tonight. Reporting on Thursday, 27 May at 3:51 pm.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
At 8:30 am, it was sunny, albeit cloudy in Santo Domingo. Yesterday it did rain shortly, but at 10:30 pm

At 2:45 pm, on Friday, 28 May, it continues to be sunny in Santo Domingo.

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Was a very sunny and hot weekend. On Monday morning, probably about 4 am, heavy rains fell in Santo Domingo. But by the time the sun was out, all had cleared and is a sunny morning, although there are scattered rain storms in the day making it muggy in the city. It could rain or not. Give it a 50% chance. But more likely to happen late in the afternoon.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Dolores said:
Tuesday, 1 June at 1:26 pm. Sunny, and muggy, and hot. We are missing those shaded cloudy days!

Wednesday, 2 June at 3:08 pm. Yesterday it rained in the evening.

Today seems a repeat day of Tuesday's weather. Sunny but muggy and hot.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Monday, 7 June 12:53 pm.
There was not much change in the weather all weekend. It was pretty much hot, moist, clouds all over, with a scattered shower in the afternoon/evening for the most part.

Today, looks like more of the same.

See there is nothing out of the normal in the Caribbean. See http://www.dr1.com/travel/expect/weather.shtml to understand what is normal weather in the Caribbean.

Regardless, the 7 June tropical weather outlook from the National Hurricane Center of Miami, Florida (the people that monitor the big storms now that we are in the five-month hurricane period of the year), tell us that for the Caribbean Sea "cloudiness and showers continue over portions of the western Caribbean Sea [where the DR is located] and adjacent land areas. Tropical cyclone development is not expected. Tropical storm formation is not expected through Tuesday."

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Friday, 11 June at 3:28 pm.
Weather this morning was cloudy. It finally rained about 1:30 pm, but the rain didn't last more than 5 minutes at most. Now it is again cloudy, threatening to rain, but probably could just not rain. Anyway, the cloudy days and cooler temperature is a welcome respite from all these hot days in the city.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Friday, 11 June at 5 pm.

Light rain began falling as of 4:30 pm in Santo Domingo. Skies are overcast. Looks like the rain could continue for a while.

See http://vortex.plymouth.edu/atl_sat.gif

The US National Hurricane Center in Miami says that an area of cloudiness and thunderstorms over the northwestern Caribbean Sea is primarily associated with an upper-level low pressure area. But it clarifies there is nothing major in the area.

As of 5 pm it has been raining quite heavily in Santo Domingo. And this is a rare thunderstorm, as there is thunder!

Rain lasted about 10 minutes, now down to a light drizzle. Still some thunders.

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Saturday, 12 June, 5:22 pm.

Been cloudy all day but no rain at least in Santo Domingo. Looks like it could rain tonight.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Sunday, 13 June, 4:40 pm

Actually, yesterday it didn't rain a drop in Santo Domingo, despite it being cloudy.

Sunday has been a true sun day. Some scattered clouds, but mostly a nice day. Looks like the rain we had was only for a short time. Good weather is expected for tomorrow.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Monday, 14 June, 11:10 am

Yesterday there was no rain. It was sunny, with scattered clouds.

Today is a sunny day, but there is lots of haze in the sky. I would assume that in the unlikely situation that it rains today, it wont be but a short burst of rain. Also very stuffy and hot today.

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Dolores said:
Thursday, 17 June, 3:17 pm

Today has been a sunny and hot day. Doesn't look like it will rain today.

Was wrong. A three minute short shower fell at 7:40 pm. Skies are cloudy. Could rain some more.

Yup, is remaining some more at 7:50 pm. Could it be the tropical wave that was due over Puerto Rico today has already moved over to the DR?

See http://vortex.plymouth.edu/atl_sat.gif

Will know tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.