The Ones That Can Least Afford It....

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Watching the local channels in Santo Domingo and seeing people streaming in donating clothes, food and money for the flood victims, I have been amazed to see that most of those contributors are from the lower or poorer class.

The Ones That Can Least Afford It Are the First Ones to Help Out!

It is customary in the DR for people to share what little they have with relatives, neighbors and friends and it never ceases to amaze me how they put in practice that most important of human qualities: SOLIDARITY.

With all our problems and deficiencies I am proud to belong to this group of people and only hope I can learn to be as giving as they are since I have been 'contaminated' by many years living in other 'climates'.

There is hope yet for us.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Frank, everyone is contributing, i already inquired about this and just because you don't see nicely dress people delivering the goods, doesn't mean anything. Things are being sent.

I agree with you though, there is still hope for us.

frank alvarez said:
Watching the local channels in Santo Domingo and seeing people streaming in donating clothes, food and money for the flood victims, I have been amazed to see that most of those contributors are from the lower or poorer class.

The Ones That Can Least Afford It Are the First Ones to Help Out!

It is customary in the DR for people to share what little they have with relatives, neighbors and friends and it never ceases to amaze me how they put in practice that most important of human qualities: SOLIDARITY.

With all our problems and deficiencies I am proud to belong to this group of people and only hope I can learn to be as giving as they are since I have been 'contaminated' by many years living in other 'climates'.

There is hope yet for us.