Results from last night's chat..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
First off, it was fun to see so many friend there. I mean that.
Next of all, we settled on the Fourth of July Weekend. That is to say, we will officially begin on Saturday and carry over to Sunday. This will allow those of us that have to work on Monday time to recover. Good idea Scott.

Then, DMS asked about Punta Ruc?a. I offered to sort of host a get together up there on the 17th of July, also a Saturday. Up there we can cook our own food on the BBQ, or the three burnner gas stove. We can also eat at one of the local fry places. As both Dolores and I have posted, there are several nice places to eat. We have time to talk about this. At Punta Ruc?a, there are a couple of bedrooms available-primitive but fine for a nite. The local establishments offer accomodations. I'll find out the prices. Wolf's place has been remodeled by a Swiss lady, so I don't know what's up there.

There is Manatee watching, sailing, trips to Cayo Arena, banana boats, dominos and relaxing.. There are no TVs, newspapers, computers or telephones up there. Snorkling, scuba is available. Skinny dipping for the adventerous after dark....

Pm or email me if you are thinking of making this historic occasion.

HB

Small edit: This is a place that requires sun block and bug repellant. It gets cool at night.

Last edited:

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
This will be a historic occasion. Not many have.....

.....spent the night on Cayo Arena. Should be "wild".

Anyway, this will be a great time. I am definitely there!

P.S. Bring repellant.....the no see-um's definitely "see you"!