You people ignore a lot of issues

Miami81

May 28, 2004
Hello guys,

Im new in this forum, but I have read the many opinions you guys have, and I really respect all of them.

But it is time for me to talk about something.

I have seen a lot of people here that defend AA, and they say that AA is the best for our country. Its not like that. I know that probably the people that defend AA and are domininican is either: They have a family member that works for AA or just says the samething some dominicans say that "If is not with American I aint flying."

Thats too much BullSh-t.

When you defend an airline like AA, an airline that mistreats passangers, mostly Latin American pax, an airline that cover up their pilot error and bad training on their a/c is AA. 260 people died because AA's negligence, and stupidity. I dont think that the blame is on Airbus, since that a/c is really safe and reliable, I dont like Airbus either I must admit, but the A300 never had an accident like the AA587.

AA had the balls of covering up one of the biggest air disasters in america: AA191 because of maintanence, and we have people in our country defending AA also because their airplanes don't crash?

Why the HECK the DOminican Government didnt do a investigation on AA587 knowing that the A/C was inbound for SDQ? I know our people dont know crap, but the Dominican Goverment doesnt care much about AA587 other than doing some ceremonial camera shows. I know that the president Hipolito is a corrupt, (thanks god he is leaving power), but they didnt even had the balls to ask what the heck happened in 587, because our freaking gobernment is getting bribes from AA, in order to control our countries aviation.

Its like when AA587 occured, Dominicans started saying it was a terrorism act, and that the US government was covering up. But we Dominicans are sometimes too stupid, to READ and understand somethings, we just like to ignore the reality, and act like if nothing was happening. Why are we like this?

Every body admits that AA has a monopoly, but no one hardly support other airlines, I have flown with almost every airline that has served MIA-SDQ. I'll say that AA every year is getting worse. Ive flown with Dominicana, APA, Mexicana, Aeromar and recently Lan Chile that BTW the flight was flying 30% capacity, and the service was the best I ever had on a airline, in my entire life.

All of these airlines have suffered what should we call: the AA conspirancy.

Hey Im not Anti-AA, Im just someone that says: WHO CARES IF AA leaves the Dominican Market. Hopefully someday they will go bankrupt and let other airlines fly to the Dominican Republic, tourism doesnt depend on AA, who said that? are all of those charter companies that fly to PUJ AA dependable?

We still on CAT2 and we will spend a great deal of time in CAT2, while you have countries like Argentina, Venezuela in CAT 2 also, and they have good aviation records. What the heck Panama just got upgraded to CAT1. But AA would likely lobby to keep DR in CAT2, so that their monopoly never gets away.

Just to recap: AA is the worst airline serving the DR at this moment, and this is because we are permitting this to happen.

Roberto Abreu
Miami FL

Dominicanoxp

Dec 19, 2002
Miami81 said:
Hello guys,

Im new in this forum, but I have read the many opinions you guys have, and I really respect all of them.

I have seen a lot of people here that defend AA, and they say that AA is the best for our country. Its not like that. I know that probably the people that defend AA and are domininican is either: They have a family member that works for AA or just says the samething some dominicans say that "If is not with American I aint flying."

Thats too much BullSh-t.

When you defend an airline like AA, an airline that mistreats passangers, mostly Latin American pax, an airline that cover up their pilot error and bad training on their a/c is AA. 260 people died because AA's negligence, and stupidity. I dont think that the blame is on Airbus, since that a/c is really safe and reliable, I dont like Airbus either I must admit, but the A300 never had an accident like the AA587.

AA had the balls of covering up one of the biggest air disasters in america: AA191 because of maintanence, and we have people in our country defending AA also because their airplanes don't crash?

Why the HECK the DOminican Government didnt do a investigation on AA587 knowing that the A/C was inbound for SDQ? I know our people dont know crap, but the Dominican Goverment doesnt care much about AA587 other than doing some ceremonial camera shows. I know that the president Hipolito is a corrupt, (thanks god he is leaving power), but they didnt even had the balls to ask what the heck happened in 587, because our freaking gobernment is getting bribes from AA, in order to control our countries aviation.

Its like when AA587 occured, Dominicans started saying it was a terrorism act, and that the US government was covering up. But we Dominicans are sometimes too stupid, to READ and understand somethings, we just like to ignore the reality, and act like if nothing was happening. Why are we like this?

Every body admits that AA has a monopoly, but no one hardly support other airlines, I have flown with almost every airline that has served MIA-SDQ. I'll say that AA every year is getting worse. Ive flown with Dominicana, APA, Mexicana, Aeromar and recently Lan Chile that BTW the flight was flying 30% capacity, and the service was the best I ever had on a airline, in my entire life.

Hey Im not Anti-AA, Im just someone that says: WHO CARES IF AA leaves the Dominican Market. Hopefully someday they will go bankrupt and let other airlines fly to the Dominican Republic, tourism doesnt depend on AA, who said that? are all of those charter companies that fly to PUJ AA dependable?

We still on CAT2 and we will spend a great deal of time in CAT2, while you have countries like Argentina, Venezuela in CAT 2 also, and they have good aviation records. What the heck Panama just got upgraded to CAT1. But AA would likely lobby to keep DR in CAT2, so that their monopoly never gets away.

Just to recap: AA is the worst airline serving the DR at this moment, and this is because we are permitting this to happen.

Roberto Abreu
Miami FL

u earned an A+

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
In defense of AA

Whether or not AA is the best or not is not the issue. What I know is that for now they are the consistant player. In the two years I have been going down I have always been able to book a flight. Get where I was going and be able to say for sure I was able to get a return flight. I have never been stranded and when I was pick pocketed in JFK and was with out an ID they were able to help me get money from my bank through Western Union to get home and gave me a travel voucher. Had I had a passport I could have continued my trip.
Bottom line they provide the service and have been doing it for years. Are they best probably not but you know they are the bread and butter link to the US and for better or worse they are the life line.
John

Miami81

May 28, 2004
Thanks for your response.

Probably in terms of frequency of flights AA has all of them. But this is again, because of their monopoly.

But you cant tell me you run out of options, because from JFK you have a lot of airlines.

From SJU you have Air Santo Domingo.

From MIA, you dont have nothing now, but in the days to come yes.

If all the airlines serving from those cities have few frequencies, thats due to the fact that AA controls DR.

Thanks,

Roberto

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
I want jet blue to come in

Hey I want AA smeared all over the place. Lets face it on a 80 minute flight to from Miami I don't need soda, food, bathroom or anything. Get me there cheap fast and depandable and I will be happy.
Hell I would fly a amphibian out of someplace into Playa Sosua if it was cheap.
John.
P.S. PANAM clippers into Samana Bay would take care fo the Airport Issue. Just a Thougt

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Roberto,

welcome to DR1.

You opinion has been noted. Keep in mind that many people thought it was a terrorist attack because of what had just happened with 9/11.

On that note, I will take AA over these " I am here today, but gone tomorrow" airlines. We have Delta and Jetblue in the market now.

Hopefully things will get better.

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Miami81 said:
Hello guys,

Thats too much BullSh-t.

Roberto Abreu
Miami FL

What's covered up? It was a maintenance error and so reported. AA screwed up, paid the penalty and corrected the procedure for installing/removing engines on DC-10, probably saving other lives as other airlines followed the directive

Do you always find a conspiracy?

You like the Airbus, couldn't be the fault of Airbus, but the tail just fell off?

I think the CIA shot it down to prevent Dominican terrorists from invading Haiti.

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Miami81 said:
Probably in terms of frequency of flights AA has all of them. But this is again, because of their monopoly.

But you cant tell me you run out of options, because from JFK you have a lot of airlines.

From SJU you have Air Santo Domingo.

From MIA, you dont have nothing now, but in the days to come yes.

If all the airlines serving from those cities have few frequencies, thats due to the fact that AA controls DR.

Thanks,

Roberto

Lets see: I can take Air Santo if I live in San Juan, great but I live in teh Northeast

I know, I'll take your other suggestion and not fly until "days to come"

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
jsizemore said:
Hey I want AA smeared all over the place. Lets face it on a 80 minute flight to from Miami I don't need soda, food, bathroom or anything. Get me there cheap fast and depandable and I will be happy.
Hell I would fly a amphibian out of someplace into Playa Sosua if it was cheap.
John.
P.S. PANAM clippers into Samana Bay would take care fo the Airport Issue. Just a Thougt

I can't recall where I read it, but taking the Pan Am Clipper to to China would cost about 10,000USD today and there was the little problem of time: 7 days to fly 8,000 miles, a trip that takes about 14 hours today

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Well AA is still the airline of choice for me. I fly NY/POP and they have the best service, Price, freq fly program and everything else at the moment.

Go fly your flybynight Airlines my friend. I will take AA's record and convienence all day long. AND NO I DONT WORK NOR KNOW ANYONE WHO WORKS/WORKED or even own stock in the company.

Never needed a disclaimer before. This guy was probably removed for Drunk flying and is pissed at AA.

Miami81

May 28, 2004
Escott said:
This guy was probably removed for Drunk flying and is pissed at AA.

I mean, I respect that you guys KrackedKris and Escott are AA fans, I don't know why they have to feel bothered by my comments saying that I was removed from an airplane, my comments are based on FACTS things that really happened.

What happened with AA191 and AA587 are one of the biggest cover ups that an Airline from the United States have tried in Civil aviation History.

And I didn't made it up man, I am not only criticizing AA because of this,what I criticize is the fact that Dominican people think that AA is the safest airline in the world, and that is not true. I have worked in the aviation business for more than 20 years and believe me, I know what is safe.

If you live in the NE, try considering other airlines like US airways, CO, that's not an excuse why you have to fly AA.

Now down here in Miami, Dutch Caribbean has started services, and you know how is the fare? 270 Round trip MIA-SDQ-MIA, and for the sake of it AA has lowered at the same fare, thats called Fair competition? Of course, people will fly AA because their airplanes are SAFE, CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, and the flight attendants are POLITE.

If you have a powerful yet big corporation selling shoes and there is this tiny one selling shoes also, the big corporation is selling a model of a shoe at 100 a piece, the tiny company sais: "Why the heck that company sells that shoe for 100 a pice if it only cost 10 to make it?... Well we will sell it a 35 a piece", the small company has the sale, and everyone goes and buys it, then the big company goes and sells the shoe at 30, every customer will go buy the shoe from the big company since the big company "Makes good shoes, the best ones", so the small company goes bankrupt because they cant afford selling the shoe bellow the cost that it needs in order to stay afloat. That small company only made that model of the shoe, while the big company has dozens of models and they dont loose that much money if they cut the price of one to the minimun. What happens is that not only you will win the market, but you will trash competition and when you dont have any competition at all they raise the cost of the shoe back to its original prize, and now the customer has no option and is screwed.

That's just an example of how AA brings down the small airlines, and how we Dominicans are the victims of AA's monopoly conspirancy; Something that is our fault.

Hey I dont care if the airline doesnt serve food on the flight, I want to feel treated like a person when I fly, like a human being, not a animal that you just throw a bag of pretzels and ask with a high tone of voice what I want to drink.

That's not what I pay for, I pay in order to be well treated, paying 450 bucks for a round trip ticket of one our and fifty minutes in this thing called airline?

For you guys (that defend AA), flying for free is fun, yet you dont have to complain about the service since you are entering with a pass.

I work hard all day long to buy a ticket that costs me almost 500 bucks and this is what I receive?

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Not an "AA Fan"

What is with this conspiracy/cover up?

F 191 went down when the port engine sheared off and cut the hydraulic/electrics to the Pilot and wing slats, all reported in the NTSB findings, they also found the engine sheared exactly as it was designed, up and away from the fuselage. It was determined that AA was at fault due to maintenance errors, no cover up liability was admitted?

No one knows for sure (Maybe you have secret information that the FAA, NTSB, Airbus, AA etc would love to have) what caused 587 to crash. The likely cause was separation of the entire Vertical Stabilizer, AA claims a design defect, Airbus claims improper operation. no one wants the blame and obvious liability, but I don't see any cover up

Why do you believe there has to be a conspiracy involved?

As for being an "AA Fan" I am a fan of whichever airline provides reliable inexpensive service. This is usually AA but CO and US Air often provide competing fares and schedules, I vary my flights accordingly

You obviously have a bias against AA and it is not because of a "monopoly" which certainly does not exist. Your complaints would take on more credence if you offered up your true agenda

KK

:chinese:

Miami81

May 28, 2004
KrackedKris said:
What is with this conspiracy/cover up?

F 191 went down when the port engine sheared off and cut the hydraulic/electrics to the Pilot and wing slats, all reported in the NTSB findings, they also found the engine sheared exactly as it was designed, up and away from the fuselage. It was determined that AA was at fault due to maintenance errors, no cover up liability was admitted?

No one knows for sure (Maybe you have secret information that the FAA, NTSB, Airbus, AA etc would love to have) what caused 587 to crash. The likely cause was separation of the entire Vertical Stabilizer, AA claims a design defect, Airbus claims improper operation. no one wants the blame and obvious liability, but I don't see any cover up

Why do you believe there has to be a conspiracy involved?

As for being an "AA Fan" I am a fan of whichever airline provides reliable inexpensive service. This is usually AA but CO and US Air often provide competing fares and schedules, I vary my flights accordingly

You obviously have a bias against AA and it is not because of a "monopoly" which certainly does not exist. Your complaints would take on more credence if you offered up your true agenda

KK

:chinese:

You are the first person that says that AA doenst have a Monopoly in DR. You are incredible man, for real I think you need to open your eyes and see the reality.

I have worked for UA for a little more than 11 years, worked 6 years with PA.

And working for an airline didn't blind me from taking the look at the real facts and opinions from the passengers. UA was the biggest airline till AA decided tu buy off TW, you know why? UA not only had the biggest schedule system in the industry, but never let go down the service we had with pax.

In a memo sent by the head of FA of AA, it stated that "the pax are complaining too much about the service, not only in coach but also in Business, and they say that if it not only because of AA's schedule system, they would have been flying other airlines"

While working with UA, I have seen many errors and we are working together in order to improve (something AA doenst do at all), and we are working our way out of Bankruptcy, believe me man, when we leave Chapter 11 some day, AA is going down.

And about AA 191.

There was a cover up,

Why did they make dissapear the Easborn Report? I think you know more than me about what Im talking about.

And about AA587,

There was another cover up, by AA, trying to blame Airbus for their training errors.

Surely that pilot in AA587 didnt have the fault, AA had it because that was the training he had.

Remember when all the AA pilots that are assigened to the A300 told AA manegement that they should take the A300 off the fleet because it was not air worthy?

Thats the start of you cover up KK.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
ok..so you work for the competitor

as already stated, AA offers much more options for those that fly from the NE. Also, you can say whatever you want about them, they have proven that they will stick around, unlike many airlines that come and go.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Miami I agree with a lot of what you say, except AA's monopoly on the Island is one by choice. Up until recently none of the other airlines had an interest on the island.
The one's that did, ie Eastern, TWA and Pan Am, went out of business or were bought out for different reasons.

While I am glad that there is more competition and wouldlove for them to all succeed and reduce prices, American is the only airline that has served the island for all those years consistently.

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Miami81 said:
You are the first person that says that AA doenst have a Monopoly in DR. You are incredible man, for real I think you need to open your eyes and see the reality.

I have worked for UA for a little more than 11 years, worked 6 years with PA.

And working for an airline didn't blind me from taking the look at the real facts and opinions from the passengers. UA was the biggest airline till AA decided tu buy off TW, you know why? UA not only had the biggest schedule system in the industry, but never let go down the service we had with pax.

In a memo sent by the head of FA of AA, it stated that "the pax are complaining too much about the service, not only in coach but also in Business, and they say that if it not only because of AA's schedule system, they would have been flying other airlines"

While working with UA, I have seen many errors and we are working together in order to improve (something AA doenst do at all), and we are working our way out of Bankruptcy, believe me man, when we leave Chapter 11 some day, AA is going down.

And about AA 191.

There was a cover up,

Why did they make dissapear the Easborn Report? I think you know more than me about what Im talking about.

And about AA587,

There was another cover up, by AA, trying to blame Airbus for their training errors.

Surely that pilot in AA587 didnt have the fault, AA had it because that was the training he had.

Remember when all the AA pilots that are assigened to the A300 told AA manegement that they should take the A300 off the fleet because it was not air worthy?

Thats the start of you cover up KK.

Don't know anything but what NTSB has provided, and I beleive them

Monopoly means tehy have the only business, I think there are multiple choices

If United had been able to buy US Air you wouldn't be whining so much , but not everyone can be the winner

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
Not True

cmedina07 said:
ok..so you work for the competitor

as already stated, AA offers much more options for those that fly from the NE. Also, you can say whatever you want about them, they have proven that they will stick around, unlike many airlines that come and go.

CO is the bigest and only airline with a big hub in new york area. More flights to the NE than AA.

Example AA dues not fly to BUF anymore. 11 daily flights from EWR to BOS to mention one.

Also US is bigger than AA in the NE.

Be carefull that AA can joint the club of come and go they are in bad economic shape like everybody.

Miami81

May 28, 2004
AA always want to cover up

Not only to those two flights, but just imagine AA587 would have crashed in Dominican Territory.

Remember when the AA flight inbound for Cali crashed into a mountain?

AA was trying to cover up its pilots error saying that the ATC over in Colombia was at fault.

AA is a irresponsible airline, they hardly want to pay to the families of those who die in their accidents, covering up their errors.

Hey, I admit, AA has a lot of flights to DR. But that is because the lack of a national airline.

Lets support other airlines traveling to DR!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Miami81 said:
I mean, I respect that you guys KrackedKris and Escott are AA fans, I don't know why they have to feel bothered by my comments saying that I was removed from an airplane, my comments are based on FACTS things that really happened.

What happened with AA191 and AA587 are one of the biggest cover ups that an Airline from the United States have tried in Civil aviation History.

And I didn't made it up man, I am not only criticizing AA because of this,what I criticize is the fact that Dominican people think that AA is the safest airline in the world, and that is not true. I have worked in the aviation business for more than 20 years and believe me, I know what is safe.

If you live in the NE, try considering other airlines like US airways, CO, that's not an excuse why you have to fly AA.
Wait one second BUCKO! You accuse in your first post that anyone that likes AA works for them therefore trying to make any comments that disagree with yours seem insignificant.

You are just a whining little kid who works for another Airline who has some sort of beef with AA for reasons I have no clue about.

None of the other Airlines fly into Puerto Plata except Continental and they leave out of Newark at bad times. I would waste a full day because of their schedual. US Air doesn't fly to the North Coast and I wouldn't waste all the time getting here. You have to allow for a difference of opinion or else you will end up with your *** on the block here. Your arguements make no sense to me at all.

I just booked 2 tickets for the 17th of June at 119- each way on AA which is cheaper than Jet Blue would be to Santiago which is of course an hour and fifteen minutes from Sosua where I live as opposed to 8 minutes from the POP Airport where AA flys into. I have AA down pat and get 4-6 bumps a year for 400$ US vouchers and I get FF miles on flights I make on Bump money. I haven't paid for a ticket on AA in a year and a half but am paying for these tickets because it is so cheap. I have 2 more FF trips already accrued. I save them for when the price rises.

I have faith in AA and HAPPY with AA despite your ranting and raving and your conspiracy theory over and over again regurgatated from some others I see all the time.

I have flown other airlines and have been on an Island when an airline went out of business. Had to take a boat to another Island to catch my connection home. I love AA and I will continue to LOVE AA despite the rantings lunatics that have a axe to grind.

Scott