Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: playstation 2

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default playstation 2

Hello

I will bring my playstation 2 with me this summer to give to the children of my friend but she told me that playstation in US and in EUROPE are different, can this PS2 from Belgium work in DR ?
    They will be so happy with that playstation and we don't need it here, i hope it will be ok !

sonia

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe European PS2's output the PAL format video, which would make it useless with a North American television. (NTSC) Just guessing.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ps2

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike
    Maybe European PS2's output the PAL format video, which would make it useless with a North American television. (NTSC) Just guessing.
    yes i was also thinking about that ... the problem will be with the television

thanks for your answer

sonia

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Two problems with easy fixes

I recently purchased a PS2 in Kuwait and returned it to the US only to find it would not turn on. Reason being, the voltage 220, DR uses 110. So I had to go to Radio Shack and purchase a voltage convert for about $35 US. It allows the use of 220 appliances in a 110 outlet.

Also if you don't have the right tv connectors you might have to buy these as well. The one that came with the ps2 was a square adapter that is used in europe. TV's in DR most likely use the RCA connectors that are used in home stero and DVD's. Again, these can easily be found at radio shack.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by santanatwins
    I recently purchased a PS2 in Kuwait and returned it to the US only to find it would not turn on. Reason being, the voltage 220, DR uses 110. So I had to go to Radio Shack and purchase a voltage convert for about $35 US. It allows the use of 220 appliances in a 110 outlet.

Also if you don't have the right tv connectors you might have to buy these as well. The one that came with the ps2 was a square adapter that is used in europe. TV's in DR most likely use the RCA connectors that are used in home stero and DVD's. Again, these can easily be found at radio shack.
    MrMike hit the nail on the head.
    North Americans use the NTSC broadcast system which has a different amount of lines than the other systems in the world, such as Pal and Secam.
    Not only will the European PS2 not play on our TVs, but the games themselves are different, so a Secam game will not work in a NTSC unit.
    The only way you could make it work here would be if you had a multi system TV that handles NTSC, Pal, Secam, plus a transformer to convert it from 220/240 to 110/120 volt, and still you would not be able to use the games which are sold here.
    To bring up another issue, while we are on the subject, I seem to be under the impression/delusion that I am the best Gran Turismo racer in the country. Anybody want to challenge me???

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    To bring up another issue, while we are on the subject, I seem to be under the impression/delusion that I am the best Gran Turismo racer in the country. Anybody want to challenge me???
    well I guess to enjoy the real action we have to wait for a PX2 with online capability , I bet I can make you eat some dust in Laguna Seca jejejeje

Post Thanks / Like

Default The challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1
    well I guess to enjoy the real action we have to wait for a PX2 with online capability , I bet I can make you eat some dust in Laguna Seca jejejeje
    You would go and choose my favorite track. 1:01.something, best time.
    So there's another reason to come down to the DR. Wear your seat belt, it could be a bumpy ride.
    PS: Won't GT4 have internet capabilities?
    Marco.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    You would go and choose my favorite track. 1:01.something, best time.
    So there's another reason to come down to the DR. Wear your seat belt, it could be a bumpy ride.
    PS: Won't GT4 have internet capabilities?
    Marco.
    Yes ,that's what "polyphony" promised, btw the Network Adapter is only $39 and there's already a good range of online-games available.

1.01 ? is Schumaker your last name?

ahem sorry Sonia

Post Thanks / Like

Default The good news...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1
    Yes ,that's what "polyphony" promised, btw the Network Adapter is only $39 and there's already a good range of online-games available.

1.01 ? is Schumaker your last name?

ahem sorry Sonia
    Is that anyone who can beat me, their choice of car and track, gets to drink all evening on the house. Another reason to come down !!!
    BTW: That record was established with a F94S formula car, so it helps to explain the low lap time.
    PS: If you find out that GT4 is internet compatible, please let me know.
    Regards, Marco.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default re: PAL/NTSC

You may want to get a PAL/NTSC/SECAM digital video system converter.
    E-BAY has them for about a buck fifty (US$150.00).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast