Also new to DR1....

Scuba

May 27, 2004
I stumbled upon DR1 a few days ago while doing a web search. I wrote an earlier post, but after reading alot of other posts in the past few days, I realized that I should first have introduced myself.

I live in central Florida, and have had the opportunity to visit the D.R. three times in the past few years. I do not know exactly what it is about your country, but I have found the people to be warm, friendly and accepting of outsiders. (alas, I am a gringo, but I have a deep passion for latin culture).

In the past, I have traveled within the country with friends that live here, but also have traveled alone doing the usual tourist resorts that provides nicer accomadations.

I booked a flight on impulse last Tuesday and will be flying into La Romana.
I haven't book a hotel yet since I am not sure if I should stay in the La Ramana area or travel to Boca Chica.

In the past, I have really enjoyed the party atmosphere of Boca Chica, especially when they turn the road paralleling the beach into a "block party" at night.

I am interested in input.... La Romana or Boca Chica? I will be traveling alone and would enjoy the company of the local chicas at night, but I would also like to do some scuba diving during the day.

So.... where are the friendlies places? And where do you go to show a sailor a good time? ;)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You Want Hookers, Skip La Romana

Go to Boca Chica.

I love the euphemisms we read here for men seeking prostitutes, "company of local chicas" "a nice massage" "meet some girls" , etc. We've heard it all before, so say it, they are hookers, and I think the LRM area has got a lot less than you'd want to peruse and likely a lot more dough too.

Scuba

May 27, 2004
Thanks

Rick, Thanks for your reply....

Ever hear the old song "I'm a girl watcher". The fun in Boca Chica night-life is not just looking for "hookers", but in the chase, the flirting, and being chased. Yes, it is a "sure thing" but some of us like to be flirted with and made to feel special, even if it is only our money that is wanted.

Boca Chica is fun because of the festival atmosphere. Plus, I have never seen better dancing. The local girls can move on a dance floor like no others (at least that I have seen).

So, for some, it may be only about sex, for others, it is about spending time with someone new, a little excitement, and an opportunity to practice your spanish.

But I am chuckling about your correctly reading between the lines. Though thinly veiled, I try not to offend others on a board by being so blunt as to say, "Hey, where is the best place to pick up hookers", when that is not all I am looking for. My inquiry is not just about finding a "hooker", but to inquire if La Romana has the nightlife that I have found at Boca Chica.