LHCV Hacienda Resorts & 27 Waterfalls

metallique

May 29, 2004
I Had Asked These Questions In The Travel Forum Which Probably Was The Wrong Forum. Has Anyone Stayed A Lhcv At The Haceienda Resorts In Puerto Plata? It Is A Timeshare 3 Bedroom Villa. Would Appreciate Any Info On Their Stay. Also How Is The 27 Waterfalls Excursion? I Saw Some Pictures In Another Forum And It Looked Great. We Will Be Traveling In 3 Weeks From Now. We Want To Explore During Our Stay So Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Regards Metallique

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
metallique said:
I Had Asked These Questions In The Travel Forum Which Probably Was The Wrong Forum. Has Anyone Stayed A Lhcv At The Haceienda Resorts In Puerto Plata? It Is A Timeshare 3 Bedroom Villa. Would Appreciate Any Info On Their Stay. Also How Is The 27 Waterfalls Excursion? I Saw Some Pictures In Another Forum And It Looked Great. We Will Be Traveling In 3 Weeks From Now. We Want To Explore During Our Stay So Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Regards Metallique

I can't help you with the resort, but I can tell you the waterfalls or "cascades" is a worthwhile trip. There was a thread and information on this not too long ago on DR1. Try searching the archives to get more information.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
(Lhvc)= Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club.

metallique said:

Yes Haceienda Resorts in Cofresi is a Timeshare Hotel Complex...
When you made your booking through RCI you lucked out as the whole RCI supply (Villa's) had been booked out totaly for the 2004 Season in a single weekend....

I have stayed many times in the Villa's ( a private Pool with each Villa ) you will be in for a great Vacation I'm sure.
When you arrive be sure to check in with Cathy (Office in the plaza)
Cathy will give you a special RCI VIP band that will get you in any of the VIP Bars that are cash only for non members ( Imported Drinks Canadian Club, Scotch, Gin, Vodka ETC.)

PS: Be sure to check out Ocean World next door, RCI. Discounts available through Cathy.....

Good Luck

Gringo

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
metallique said:

Could you provide us with a link to the pictures of the waterfall trip please, that would be very helpful!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go to Search button

type in DAMAJAGUA Falls Robert and see what comes up
Hb

Its better to type in "trip Reports waterfalls" look at robert's post and the others...

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Hillbilly said:
type in DAMAJAGUA Falls Robert and see what comes up
Hb

Its better to type in "trip Reports waterfalls" look at robert's post and the others...

I did that and got a link to this thread..............no pictures

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
tired_boy said:
I did that and got a link to this thread..............no pictures

Just to let you know, I typed in waterfalls in the Search and I found Roberts post with the pictures beautiful. The title of the post is Rio Damajagua and it's waterfalls by Robert I think that's the one Hillbilly was talking about.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I found the pics now, thanks ;)

However i don't think that they are for the place that i have been to. Where exactly is it that Robert went (how far from Puerto Plata)?

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
tired_boy said:
I found the pics now, thanks ;)

However i don't think that they are for the place that i have been to. Where exactly is it that Robert went (how far from Puerto Plata)?

The falls are near Imbert. Maybe (I'm guessing from memory, 15 - 20 km from POP.) In any case not that far.

Bob H.

greenhornet

Aug 29, 2004
Gringo said:
Yes Haceienda Resorts in Cofresi is a Timeshare Hotel Complex...
When you made your booking through RCI you lucked out as the whole RCI supply (Villa's) had been booked out totaly for the 2004 Season in a single weekend....

I have stayed many times in the Villa's ( a private Pool with each Villa ) you will be in for a great Vacation I'm sure.
When you arrive be sure to check in with Cathy (Office in the plaza)
Cathy will give you a special RCI VIP band that will get you in any of the VIP Bars that are cash only for non members ( Imported Drinks Canadian Club, Scotch, Gin, Vodka ETC.)

PS: Be sure to check out Ocean World next door, RCI. Discounts available through Cathy.....

Good Luck

Gringo
you sound knowledgable about the resort any thing else you can tell me good food, service etc.

ses930

Jan 20, 2005
Timeshare Hacienda Villas

greenhornet said:
you sound knowledgable about the resort any thing else you can tell me good food, service etc.

I am researching the Hacienda Timeshare Villas as we have booked a vacation there for March, I found this thread and saw you had responded...did you vacation there? Any feedback about the resort of sights we should see while we are there?

Thanks!

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
ses930 said:
I am researching the Hacienda Timeshare Villas as we have booked a vacation there for March, I found this thread and saw you had responded...did you vacation there? Any feedback about the resort of sights we should see while we are there?

Thanks!

The Resort is an A1 Resort RCI Gold Crown and indeed lives up to the standerd offerd.

Standerds in the Dr. are not the same standerds you would expect from lets say the American Virgin Islands that have been doing the travel bit for ever but the Dr lives up to a very good standerd for a Country that has been doing the Vacation thing for a very short time now!

As long as you do not expect the same standerds as lets say Hawaii you will not be disapointed........

I had a friend who came here and compared his stay here to his stay in Hawaii and was very disapointed that his $4000.00 Hawaiian Vacation did not match up to his $400.00 Dominican Vacation?

Go figure!

Gringo

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I live in one of the villas at Hacienda, not all are time share. Many are owned by Austrians who have them as 2nd homes. Others are rented out long and short term. Do you know which villa number you will stay in? While they are all different, they are the same spanish architecture style and generally very nice with pool in a quiet area.

ses930

Jan 20, 2005
Conchman said:
I live in one of the villas at Hacienda, not all are time share. Many are owned by Austrians who have them as 2nd homes. Others are rented out long and short term. Do you know which villa number you will stay in? While they are all different, they are the same spanish architecture style and generally very nice with pool in a quiet area.

Thanks for the reply. We won't know which Villa we are in until check in. We are checking in March 19. Do you live there year round? I take it you must be happy with the Resort? What about driving while we are there? Would you recommend us renting a car or are we better off with Taxis and such? I have found a service called Taxi RS - do you know anything about this? Any excursions off the Resort you would recommend? Thank you for any information you can give us!

Stephanie

ses930

Jan 20, 2005
Conchman said:

Hello again, just found our original Confirmation from RCI, we are in Villa 67.

Stephanie

johnnhez

Feb 10, 2005
Buyer Beware

Hi, I just wanted to give you some feedback on the villas. The Villas are wonderful and what a beautiful setting. The accomodations are decent and the staff is very friendly. HOWEVER, please beware of the "timeshare sales". We visited the resort last year on got sucked into buying a timeshare there. Upon returning to the states, we discovered that what we were sold was not AT ALL what we got. I was actually in the process of researching information for our legal case when I found your post. So, enjoy your vacation but stay far far away from the sales office.

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
Hacienda Tropicale

I belong to T.A.N. (travel advantage ntework) and I came to this resort being told I was staying in a one bedroom condo, which wasnt the case. I just ended up in a standard room in the resort (which was absolutly fine.) then I find out that the rooms were only 42.00US all-inclusive! so needless to say I spent way more money going thru my vacation club, so my second trip I took back there a month later, I just booked it directly! the place was nice, food was good, pools are great, and the resort workers are nice. Do beware as someone else stated, watch out for the guys selling timeshare, they will hound you to no end! dont even stop and talk, and they hang aroung the buffet area in the mornings, wearing yellow or white shirts.