Rio San Juan Flooding ???

I received the following email from a person in Nova Scotia who I think is being scammed. Any INFO on this area will be appreciated.

"Hello,
My name is Kim and I am from Nova Scotia. My family and I have visited the Bahia Principe in Rio San Juan from April 19 to May 3. We had an opportunity to visit a Catholic church overlooking the town of Rio San Juan while we were there. We also met the caretaker of the church, Alberto, and his wife and three precious little girls. They were the most kind-hearted people I have ever met although the language barrier presented a bit of a problem in trying to communicate with them. He gave us his phone number and through an interpreter I have contacted him on Friday May 28 only to hear that he has lost his home due to the flooding and the youngest (2 years old) little girl's stomach is infested with worms from drinking contaminated water. My heart absolutely aches for these people and I want to help them out financially as much as I can afford. I have agree to send them money via Western Union.
I was wondering if you might be familiar with the Rio San Juan area of the Dominican Republic and if you know how the flooding has affected that area? I was extremely shocked to hear that the flooding was even occurring in that area as the news had reported the devastation to be along the Haitian border and in Haiti itself.
Please let me know any information you may have of the devastating effects the flooding has had on the Rio San Juan area. Thank-you in advance for any information you are able to provide."

To my knowledge I have not heard of any floods in the Rio San Juan area, it appears that this person is being scammed big time...

? Hlywud

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Pure scam

Hlywud said:
I received the following email from a person in Nova Scotia who I think is being scammed. Any INFO on this area will be appreciated.

"Hello,
My name is Kim and I am from Nova Scotia. My family and I have visited the Bahia Principe in Rio San Juan from April 19 to May 3. We had an opportunity to visit a Catholic church overlooking the town of Rio San Juan while we were there. We also met the caretaker of the church, Alberto, and his wife and three precious little girls. They were the most kind-hearted people I have ever met although the language barrier presented a bit of a problem in trying to communicate with them. He gave us his phone number and through an interpreter I have contacted him on Friday May 28 only to hear that he has lost his home due to the flooding and the youngest (2 years old) little girl's stomach is infested with worms from drinking contaminated water. My heart absolutely aches for these people and I want to help them out financially as much as I can afford. I have agree to send them money via Western Union.
I was wondering if you might be familiar with the Rio San Juan area of the Dominican Republic and if you know how the flooding has affected that area? I was extremely shocked to hear that the flooding was even occurring in that area as the news had reported the devastation to be along the Haitian border and in Haiti itself.
Please let me know any information you may have of the devastating effects the flooding has had on the Rio San Juan area. Thank-you in advance for any information you are able to provide."

To my knowledge I have not heard of any floods in the Rio San Juan area, it appears that this person is being scammed big time...

? Hlywud

Rio San Juan is 100 miles from the nearest flooding.

SONIA

Sep 3, 2003
Hlywud said:

"Hello,

? Hlywud

all my friends are in rio san juan and no floods just rain rain and rain during the desaster ...

Sonia