Child Prostitution in Boca Chica

Status
Not open for further replies.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Looking for info on Boca Chica found this article about child prostitution over there. Not sure how recent the article is, but could anyone in the Boca Chica area tell us if the situation has improved at all. I hope Leonel does something about this. We need to put a stop to this, by putting some of these "tourists" in jail in The DR and letting everyone know that you should not come to our country to look for that kind of sex, otherwise you may have a hefty price to pay and in addition by providing some opportunities for these kids.

Boca Chica

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Child prostitution

suarezn said:
Looking for info on Boca Chica found this article about child prostitution over there. Not sure how recent the article is, but could anyone in the Boca Chica area tell us if the situation has improved at all. I hope Leonel does something about this. We need to put a stop to this, by putting some of these "tourists" in jail in The DR and letting everyone know that you should not come to our country to look for that kind of sex, otherwise you may have a hefty price to pay and in addition by providing some opportunities for these kids.

Boca Chica

It was a big thing in the newspapers, some odd 7 years ago.
I believe that it's somewhat under control now.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Bull!!

On my last visit to Boca Chica in May, I notice three White European women (all three were topless 38-45 yold) with three Black Sankies. I always thought of Sankies as 25-35 yold muscled Antonio Banderas types. Well, these little boys were 14-15 yold at the most. No other men were present in their group. I observed their interactions and came somewhat disgusted. I felt that maybe I should say something to the Police, but then it wasnt my place. It is probably viewed as a maschimo learning experience for little boys. "live and let live" I guess there are far worst abuses.
TEHAMA

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I think most people who do are paying the price, since Dominicans have become aware of the blackmail oportunity in such situations, also the US now has laws where sex offenders can be prosecuted upon returning to the US, even for crimes committed in a foreign country, or even situations THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN illegal in the US.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
TEHAMA said:
On my last visit to Boca Chica in May, I notice three White European women (all three were topless 38-45 yold) with three Black Sankies. I always thought of Sankies as 25-35 yold muscled Antonio Banderas types. Well, these little boys were 14-15 yold at the most. No other men were present in their group. I observed their interactions and came somewhat disgusted. I felt that maybe I should say something to the Police, but then it wasnt my place. It is probably viewed as a maschimo learning experience for little boys. "live and let live" I guess there are far worst abuses.
TEHAMA

I view it as different for boys. When I was 14 years old, I would have loved to have been with a woman in her mid thirties.

You did strike up a good point with something you said however. You said the "IMAGE" you had of a sankie.... Well, I think the "IMAGE" a lot of people get of what is being referred to as child prostitution is of some sick old perverted fat foreign slob flying down to Boca Chica with the intent of having sex with a nine year old child who is forced into the act by one of her relatives or something like that. I reality, IMO, twenty or thirty percent of the prostitutes that hang around areas like this lie about their ages and are 15 or 16 years old. Also, most of the guys who go out with them are probably average guys in their 30's on vacation ( or Dominicans) and these guys have no idea the girls are underage.

Technically, these guys are guilty of having sex with a minor and because money is exchanging hands, it falls under the category of Child Prostitution. I am not trying to justify the whole thing but let's try and see this for what is really is.

Larry

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
but these acts would have to be 'proven' illegal first, and since they took place in another country...........how can you prove it without going through the judicial system in the foreign country?

Of course these days, the (U.S.) federal government actually does not need proof anymore, guilty until proven innocent is the motto these days.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Conchman said:
but these acts would have to be 'proven' illegal first, and since they took place in another country...........how can you prove it without going through the judicial system in the foreign country?

Of course these days, the (U.S.) federal government actually does not need proof anymore, guilty until proven innocent is the motto these days.

They don't have to prove that it was illegal in the country where it happened, only that it would have been illegal at home.

This is for two reasons:
1) To keep sex offenders from travelling to countries with lower age of consent in order to indulge their perversions, and,
2) To make sure that simply crossing an international border doesn't allow these people to escape justice.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I would think if one was found guilty in a foreign court the same evidence could be used to try you in the states.

I agree with most times the age is not known, as fake cedulas are a dime per gross down here.

I had a brief conversation with a girl last week. She was not a hooker, and I am not exceptional at guessing ages but she appeared to be 17-18 tops. She was flirting a bit and even if I thought she was older, I wasn't interested as I have a novia. Turns out she was 27! Had 3 kids. oldest kid was almost 11.

Scary. I only really hang in boca during the day. I have walked down duarte a few times at night and used to like to have a few beers in Route 66, and I can not remember seeing any girls that were obviously underage etc.

Of course that doesn't mean there weren't any. i usually err on the low side, and if none looked under 18 to me. . . . .it is scary.

Conchman said:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Sorry!

suarezn said:
I am very sorry to tell you something that I know that you know already: That problem is not a new problem. I am 41 and I remember when I was 10 that my father would tell my siblings, our friends and I not to dare go to Boca Chica without an adult because "esos extrangeros nada mas vienen a buscar jovencitos para molestarlos sexualmente(those foreigner only come here looking for youngters to sexually molest)". I know that it would be a great idea to put all those sick bastards in jail, but the problems is that Leonel knew about the problem on his first tenure and he did nothing about it just like all the other before him did nothing. We can only hope that he would do something about it now. Just don't hold your breath since I do not want to go to your funeral.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I've met mothers who have sold their daughters into prostitutions to foreigners, and others celebrate an underage daughter's prostitution, and in their immediate social milieu it's not frowned upon. The issue here is social decomposition, brought about mainly by extreme poverty. My understanding is that child prostitution is more than just an issue of law and order, and the social causes should be addressed first.

Mirador

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Mirador said:
I've met mothers who have sold their daughters into prostitutions to foreigners, and others celebrate an underage daughter's prostitution, and in their immediate social milieu it's not frowned upon. The issue here is social decomposition, brought about mainly by extreme poverty. My understanding is that child prostitution is more than just an issue of law and order, and the social causes should be addressed first.

Mirador

From years of meeting 16 year olds with 2 year old kids (who are trying to pass themselves off as 18 year olds) from Dominican fathers it seems there is little in the way of preventative education about sex , nor any decently accessible birth control. There seems to be an expectation that sex begins at puberty and if that is accepted as a social norm, then sex plus money is not a long leap to make.

I asked this other 16 y/o girl I met recently who of course was trying to solicit sex for money, and who was 7 months pregant why she didn't take the pill or get DepoProvera ( which I think at times is free or cheap and offers 6 months protection) and she said they are told all these methods cause cancer. And the boyfriends won't use condoms if they can get away with it.

I tell tourists who ask, any they do, and who are tempted to go with a girl who appears a bit dodgy, to make sure they have a real cedula , not a copy (and the latest crop are not all that easy to fake with the hologram etc.) and they compare the photo and the name with what they are told to avoid even inadvertent contact with underage girls. Looks alone are insufficient to tell as mentioned 27 looks 16 , 16 looks 22 etc., but getting ID and leaving that ID for review with reputable hotel management is pretty good protection and about all that is possible.

There are a couple groups that seek this sort of thng out but the underground will always exist and they are at least something to go after as it seems to me to be very deliberate actvity and they are not terribly discreet etiher.

I have never seen boys, e.g. 14, 15 y/o with women tourists, not in public anyway - lots of obvious older sankies with tourist women though. I'd think that women would be more disinclined to partake of inappropriately young partners than men would be.

The poverty excuse is interesting as the money, when you talk to these girls, seems to quite often go to clothes, hairstyles and extensions, fancy cell phones and drugs.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Child prostitution and underage sex was a problem long before the tourists arrived.

Just look at the amount of 13-16yr old mothers running around.
Kids of 13-16yr old mothers predominately have Dominican fathers.

Massage parlors and whore houses main cliental are Dominicans.

Tourists are easy targets and easy to lay the blame on.
The problem is much deeper than ?Joe tourist?.
It?s social, cultural and economic.

Read the many threads on this subject to get an insight into how prostitution
works in this country.

Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.