Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Knickers. What shops in Santo Domingo please

Many of us ladies here in Sosua find it hard to find good knickers here, and other nice clothes; can anyone advise us where to shop in Santo Domingo for decent inexpensive clothes? especially for size 12 upwards. The Dominican ladies seem to be mainly petit. AZBBBBBBBBBB and Miguel stand down on this post pleaseeee, I need clean knickers.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shop till you drop!

You could try:
    - Plaza Lama ( Ave. W. Churchill)
    - La Sirena ( Ave. W. Churchill)
    - Corte Fiel, Plaza Central ( Ave. W. Churchill)
    - Sema (Ave. Luperon)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Also of a bit lesser quality, El Canal (Ave. Luperon) and La Gran Via (also Luperon).

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both, also is there any inexpensive accommodation near these shops without fumes or noise if poss I could stay in please?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are you really going all the way

to Santo Domingo to get underpants? Casa Nelson in Puerto Plata has plenty, plus there are many "boutique" type shops on Beller that have the more up market undies.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada
    to Santo Domingo to get underpants? Casa Nelson in Puerto Plata has plenty, plus there are many "boutique" type shops on Beller that have the more up market undies.
    Thanks Lambada, Ive tried Casa Nelson but they're too little, I'll try Beller today. xx

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you come down to Santo Domingo and need inexpensive accomodations, I think the best option would be a cabaņa on Ave. Independencia. Haven't stayed in one in a while but I imagine the rate must be around 400 pesos per night. I would say all depends on how you would feel in staying in a place like that but as far as I know, in Santo Domingo it's a bit hard to find cheap good accomodations...

Maybe someone else has a better suggestion...?

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Try the Bella Vista Hotel. Its clean, nice, and popular with foreign businessmen. The rate will set you back anywhere from $70 to $90 American Dollars per night, but I guess you just want a one night deal. For one or two nights, it's a bargain considering the security and comfort offered there.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both,Ive heard the cabanas are for exciting trysts, that might be nice.... and nice price too.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default great little hotel inS.D

If you are looking for a deal, and want to be close to the Malecon, and are tired of trying to get the "local" price of the Juaragua (which is 59 dollars per night in the garden suites, plus tax, if you play your cards right with the night manager)
    Stay at then Hostal Riazor..right behind the Juaragua for less money..talk to Jose, the son and he will cut you a deal with his Daddy..lThey are a great Spanish family,the hotel has a resturant next door, room service, and a pool on the roof, with an outstanding view. Very safe and parking included....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast