Knickers. What shops in Santo Domingo please

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Many of us ladies here in Sosua find it hard to find good knickers here, and other nice clothes; can anyone advise us where to shop in Santo Domingo for decent inexpensive clothes? especially for size 12 upwards. The Dominican ladies seem to be mainly petit. AZBBBBBBBBBB and Miguel stand down on this post pleaseeee, I need clean knickers. :cross-eye

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Shop till you drop!

You could try:
- Plaza Lama ( Ave. W. Churchill)
- La Sirena ( Ave. W. Churchill)
- Corte Fiel, Plaza Central ( Ave. W. Churchill)
- Sema (Ave. Luperon)
:cheeky:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Also of a bit lesser quality, El Canal (Ave. Luperon) and La Gran Via (also Luperon).

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Are you really going all the way

to Santo Domingo to get underpants? Casa Nelson in Puerto Plata has plenty, plus there are many "boutique" type shops on Beller that have the more up market undies.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Lambada said:
to Santo Domingo to get underpants? Casa Nelson in Puerto Plata has plenty, plus there are many "boutique" type shops on Beller that have the more up market undies.

Thanks Lambada, Ive tried Casa Nelson but they're too little, I'll try Beller today. xx

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If you come down to Santo Domingo and need inexpensive accomodations, I think the best option would be a caba?a on Ave. Independencia. Haven't stayed in one in a while but I imagine the rate must be around 400 pesos per night. I would say all depends on how you would feel in staying in a place like that but as far as I know, in Santo Domingo it's a bit hard to find cheap good accomodations...

Maybe someone else has a better suggestion...?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Try the Bella Vista Hotel. Its clean, nice, and popular with foreign businessmen. The rate will set you back anywhere from $70 to $90 American Dollars per night, but I guess you just want a one night deal. For one or two nights, it's a bargain considering the security and comfort offered there.

backinthedr

Apr 10, 2004
great little hotel inS.D

If you are looking for a deal, and want to be close to the Malecon, and are tired of trying to get the "local" price of the Juaragua (which is 59 dollars per night in the garden suites, plus tax, if you play your cards right with the night manager)
Stay at then Hostal Riazor..right behind the Juaragua for less money..talk to Jose, the son and he will cut you a deal with his Daddy..lThey are a great Spanish family,the hotel has a resturant next door, room service, and a pool on the roof, with an outstanding view. Very safe and parking included....

Doodoo

Jun 1, 2004
ladybird, maybe i can help

Ladybird said:
Many of us ladies here in Sosua find it hard to find good knickers here, and other nice clothes; can anyone advise us where to shop in Santo Domingo for decent inexpensive clothes? especially for size 12 upwards. The Dominican ladies seem to be mainly petit. AZBBBBBBBBBB and Miguel stand down on this post pleaseeee, I need clean knickers. :cross-eye

Hi Ladybird, I am coming over to the Dominican quite soon. If you are still having trouble finding suitable underwear, may I suggest that I bring some quality underwear with me for you from England. Obviously you will have to let me know what size/style you require.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok!

Ladybird said:
What do you mean for me to "stand down"?

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
backinthedr said:
If you are looking for a deal, and want to be close to the Malecon, and are tired of trying to get the "local" price of the Juaragua (which is 59 dollars per night in the garden suites, plus tax, if you play your cards right with the night manager)
Stay at then Hostal Riazor..right behind the Juaragua for less money..talk to Jose, the son and he will cut you a deal with his Daddy..lThey are a great Spanish family,the hotel has a resturant next door, room service, and a pool on the roof, with an outstanding view. Very safe and parking included....

I can co-sign on the Hostal Riazor. I've stayed there before, and will in the future. Charged me RD$2000 for the night, which probably could have been negotiated further, but I didn't try. Plus, I had no reservation, we just walked up in hopes of undercutting the Jaragua rate. Breakfast included in rate.

The place is nice enough, decent-sized, clean rooms, A/C, room safes, and decent, clean bathrooms. It surely beat paying the $100/night that the Jaragua was charging. It's within a block or two of the Jaragua. Jose was a cool, helpful person to me and my friends on our 1st trip into SD. Hope this helps in regards to your inexpensive lodging situation.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Ladybird

If you haven't got your underwear problem sorted yet, I was at Silverio Messon's Supermarket, Puerto Plata this morning & they have BIG ones for 150 pesos. They would probably be too large for you, you should have seen the size of the Dominican lady buying!

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Lambada said:

And all this time I thought she was looking for pants that come to the knee! hahaha!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Nelly said:
And all this time I thought she was looking for pants that come to the knee! hahaha!

Nelly thats so funny, it just shows how simple meanings of words can cause a laugh. Actually I was given some and they are large enough that I could wear them to the knees!!!! I usually wear high and brief, these are droopy, saggy baggy and plentiful, Ive tried but cant bear them,, so now I just go without when I can.,, luverly, especially when there is a breeze. :p

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Why don't you buy these online from the US? You'll have a better selection, a better guarantee, they'll be better quality and probably end up cheaper too.

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Ladybird said:
Nelly thats so funny, it just shows how simple meanings of words can cause a laugh. Actually I was given some and they are large enough that I could wear them to the knees!!!! I usually wear high and brief, these are droopy, saggy baggy and plentiful, Ive tried but cant bear them,, so now I just go without when I can.,, luverly, especially when there is a breeze. :p

Jesus, someone PLEASE find this woman some underwear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!