Bah?a Principe San Juan

Lau

May 31, 2004
Hi,

Is someone has stayed at the Bahia Principe resort in Rio San Juan or are you going to go can you please email me asap???

Thank youuuuuuuuuuu

Lau

toosie

Apr 5, 2004
I have stayed at the Bahia twice, if you need any info message me. Would be happy to help.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I haven't stayed personally but 2 friends of mine did and said that they really enjoyed it, the hotel was very big apparently.

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Bahia Principe was great. The advantage of Bahia Principe is that there are no other Hotels in the area. So, the beach has only hotel guests other than all those sankies and the annoying people selling crap.

Bahia Principe also has a VIP Secion called Hacienda Principe if you book for Hacienda Principe you have the luxury of a little more quiet time. Hacienda has its own Restaurant and its own pool. You dont have to sign for the remote control and the towels and in your room you will find a fresh fruit basket, 2 complimentary bottles of Brugal rum "si no peleas, resuelves" ooh also flower pettles on the bed. Verry romantic.

Personnaly I loved it.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
p1atan0 said:
The beach has only hotel guests other than all those sankies and the annoying people selling crap.

The 'annoying' people don't have to be annoying - a polite 'no thanks' and they always move on from me.

Some of the 'crap' they sell is good, i have bought several things that are in my house now aswell as the odd watch.

If you get easily annoyed it might be something that spoils your holiday so chill out and have a good time. :)

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
No!

Obviously you never been to Bocha Chica. Yes they are annoying, and no it does not spoil my vacation. Usually when i say no, that is when they decide they want to hang out with me and stike up conversation and want my Johnny Walker Black. Remember its not that they want to sell you anything its just that they want to see what you have so they can steel it from you or send their buddies to do it.

Do you honestly think that those Cohiba cigars are really Cuban? Be for real.
I took my Brother in law to DR for the first time and he saw a silver chain that those "Annoying people" were selling and when he got home 2 weeks later that Silver chain was not really silver, it was some black crap.

Now what I was trying to say was that at Bahia Principe there is a lot more chance for relaxation if you like that kind of stuff.

Personnaly i like the roudy crowds for example, I love my Merengue Tipicos and i would kill for a fiesta tipica do you want any more roudy than that?

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
p1atan0 said:
Remember its not that they want to sell you anything its just that they want to see what you have so they can steel it from you or send their buddies to do it.

I am not about to say that this has never happened but i believe that is a very bad generalisation.

The guys in Playa Dorada are liscenced and earn their wages working as beach vendors to feed their families, they are not prepared to lose their job just to get their hands on whatever they see of ours.