travel to bayahibe

barney2004

Jun 1, 2004
Im due to travel to the Bayahibe resort on the 16 june 2004. Slightly worried about the flooding etc. Does anyone know if this reosrt has been affected and will be safe for us to travel there. Have heard excellent rports and i am so looking forward to it, would hate for it to be ruined. Any advice please!!!

scuba~girl

May 14, 2004
hey - I'm going to Bayahibe around that time too, having been working here on the island for the past two months... no that area isn't anywhere near the flooded areas, as far as I know everything is still beautiful and perfect there! Most of the flooding happened near the Haitian border where extensive deforestation has taken place - not much of an issue at the beach :)

ps - I've been trying to figure out how long it takes to drive to Bayahibe from Santo Domingo - any idea? Or the best way to get there and back to the SDQ airport?

have fun! gorgeous beaches here we come!

barney2004

Jun 1, 2004
bayahibe

hi there

is bayahibe nice then?? have you been to the casa del mar hotel. really hope the weather is nice. might see you there eh!!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
scuba~girl said:
I've been trying to figure out how long it takes to drive to Bayahibe from Santo Domingo - any idea? Or the best way to get there and back to the SDQ airport?

The travel time to Bayahibe is about two hours by taxi from Las Americas Airport (SDQ). If you are traveling from Santo Domingo add a half hour.

Regards,
PJT

scuba~girl

May 14, 2004
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll count on about 2 hours from to get back to the airport.

No I've never been to Bayahibe so I don't know anything about that hotel... I'm staying at the Dominicus Beach resort, it looks pretty sweet. Have fun where ever you go!

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
scuba~girl said:
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll count on about 2 hours from to get back to the airport.

No I've never been to Bayahibe so I don't know anything about that hotel... I'm staying at the Dominicus Beach resort, it looks pretty sweet. Have fun where ever you go!

I will be in La Romana from June 11 to June 20. It is only about 30 min. from Bayahibe.

If I can be of any assistance during your stay, you can contact me on my DR cell (809) 963-6005. This phone will not be in service until 3:00pm on the 11th.

Charlie