We were robbed!

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Someone broke into our apartment last week while my husband was asleep at night and stole his Dell lap top computer and his wallet with money and credit cards. They also broke in two other apartments while the people were there sleeping.

This took place at Playa Colibri in Las Terrenas, so I am asking if anyone in LT finds out if somone is selling a lap top computer, please notify the administration at Playa Colibri. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

These thieves have to be caught or they will continue to rob people until someone gets hurt.

Thanks, Sonia (Juniper)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You're Not Alone

My wife called this morning from Santo Domingo to tell me a thief had entered her hotel room during the night and stolen her rings, cell phone, and some money. When she goes alone to the small hotel we stay at, she prefers a 2nd-floor room on a balcony so that she can open the shutters and get better ventilation. Apparently the thief made it up to the balcony and got in through the open window. Probably lucky for her she didn't wake up during the robbery.

There was a time when Barbara wouldn't have left the shutter open, but the night was hot and she had stayed there many times without incident......Just goes to show that you can't afford to get complacent.

Last edited:

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Strange that nobody mentioned anything about the two burglars (one managed to escape) who were shot dead in Sosua, Camino Llibre, about three weeks ago by a young dominican businessman. Or did I miss it?

I haven't heard anything about burglaries in Sosua since. Maybe this stops those guys for a while from getting too cheeky.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Ken. . . .was this at the place on calle Danae? Across from Mona Lisa? I stayed there a few nights last week. I had a soem expensive toys with me as well. The place lookes pretty safe and I was on the first floor. At one point I noticed my expensive cell phone missing, but later found it in my apartment.

I think we will see an increase in burglaries as the economic situation worsens etc.

Ken said:
My wife called this morning from Santo Domingo to tell me a thief had entered her hotel room during the night and stolen her rings, cell phone, and some money. When she goes alone to the small hotel we stay at, she prefers a 2nd-floor room on a balcony so that she can open the shutters and get better ventilation. Apparently the thief made it up to the balcony and got in through the open window. Probably lucky for her she didn't wake up during the robbery.

There was a time when Barbara wouldn't have left the shutter open, but the night was hot and she had stayed there many times without incident......Just goes to show that you can't afford to get complacent.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
So sorry to hear about all the robberies.

I am trully amazed, how much guts they have to enter in the room when someone is there.

I guess there is something to be said about being in the gated community.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
rafael said:
Ken. . . .was this at the place on calle Danae? Across from Mona Lisa?

Rafael, yes On Danae, but not the one directly across the street. The one on the corner, La Grand Mansion.

I've always felt safe on that street and still do. But has someone has already mentioned, when times are as tough as these are for many Dominicans thieves are more prevelent everywhere.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
gerd said:
Strange that nobody mentioned anything about the two burglars (one managed to escape) who were shot dead in Sosua, Camino Llibre, about three weeks ago by a young dominican businessman. Or did I miss it?

I haven't heard anything about burglaries in Sosua since. Maybe this stops those guys for a while from getting too cheeky.

About two or three months ago, there were a few burglaries in the Hotel Europa in Sosua where burglars entered rooms through the balconies and stole peoples belongings. Diego, the owner, hired some private security guys to keep an eye on the place. A few nights later, a gentleman was seen climbling onto a third floor balcony. He was promptly shot in the leg with a shotgun, dragged into the lobby and beaten viciously until the Sosua Police arrived who then beat him much worse and took him away. I do not believe there have been any burglaries reported in the hotel since.

Larry

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
robbed

when my friend and i were in sosua last year we stayed in a villa and a robber came in in the middle of the night...
needless to say he woke me up and i saw him starting to walk off with my stuff.........

Not THINKING i pounced the mother and ended up breaking his nose from what i was told in 2 different places, and kick him so hard in the balls the cops couldnt get him up for almost an hour...

goes to show you... DONT GET ME MAD !!! :cheeky:

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
dayum

Not only is she the freaky one from the group shes also dangerous. I think im gonna higher La_Barbie to be my bodyguard during my stay in DR.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Larry said:
About two or three months ago, there were a few burglaries in the Hotel Europa in Sosua where burglars entered rooms through the balconies and stole peoples belongings. Diego, the owner, hired some private security guys to keep an eye on the place. A few nights later, a gentleman was seen climbling onto a third floor balcony. He was promptly shot in the leg with a shotgun, dragged into the lobby and beaten viciously until the Sosua Police arrived who then beat him much worse and took him away. I do not believe there have been any burglaries reported in the hotel since.

Larry

And that is exactly how it should happen!

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
la_barbie said:
when my friend and i were in sosua last year we stayed in a villa and a robber came in in the middle of the night...
needless to say he woke me up and i saw him starting to walk off with my stuff.........

Not THINKING i pounced the mother and ended up breaking his nose from what i was told in 2 different places, and kick him so hard in the balls the cops couldnt get him up for almost an hour...

now that was GANGSTA!!!!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
JDub said:
now that was GANGSTA!!!!

Im not always violent :p

In february my best friend and i were in a disco at our resort and we had suckers.... well I had a tootsie pop, anyways we were standing at the bar and this guy from U.S i think it was came up to us, and he was older (were 21) i think he was about 40 something, and he started calling us the lollipop girlz, and he goes "you know what you 2 are doing is very provacative" i was lokk wtf? ... i was just trying to get to the middle of my tootsie pop when he looked at my friend and said, " You dont know that your doing it, and than looks at me and say, BUT SHE DOES" I was like you dirty fart !!
The whole two weeks that we were there at that resort EVERYONE... and i mean guest were calling us the lollipop girlz, everytime we'd walk over somewhere "Sit with us lollipop girlz"..... oh and the guy was on our heel everyminute...... and his wife got so pist off... later we found out her hubby "the guy" caught his wife kissing another tourists husband.... it was nice to watch a brawl i wasen't in...

So we left for Puerto Plata for one weeks and than came back to that resort for another week........... AS SOON AS WE WALK INTO THE DAMN RESORT... they guy was like "OH MY GOD, MY LOLLIPOP GIRLZ ARE BACK, THE WHOLE RESORT THOUGHT YOU LEFT WITHOUT SAYING GOOD-BYE" ..... dude wouldn't leave us alone for 5 minutes to go back to our rooms......

So what do I do the rest of the week..... I suck all the tootsie pops I could in the disco (and not in that way, dirty people !) and everytime i'd see him come our direction i'd run like crazy, but when your drunk running actually means swearving ..... ;)

It goes on and on.... and I have a library of stories to tell... but this is one of the few in which i'm not the violent one ! :p

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
But!

la_barbie said:
Im not always violent :p

In february my best friend and i were in a disco at our resort and we had suckers.... well I had a tootsie pop, anyways we were standing at the bar and this guy from U.S i think it was came up to us, and he was older (were 21) i think he was about 40 something, and he started calling us the lollipop girlz, and he goes "you know what you 2 are doing is very provacative" i was lokk wtf? ... i was just trying to get to the middle of my tootsie pop when he looked at my friend and said, " You dont know that your doing it, and than looks at me and say, BUT SHE DOES" I was like you dirty fart !!
The whole two weeks that we were there at that resort EVERYONE... and i mean guest were calling us the lollipop girlz, everytime we'd walk over somewhere "Sit with us lollipop girlz"..... oh and the guy was on our heel everyminute...... and his wife got so pist off... later we found out her hubby "the guy" caught his wife kissing another tourists husband.... it was nice to watch a brawl i wasen't in...

So we left for Puerto Plata for one weeks and than came back to that resort for another week........... AS SOON AS WE WALK INTO THE DAMN RESORT... they guy was like "OH MY GOD, MY LOLLIPOP GIRLZ ARE BACK, THE WHOLE RESORT THOUGHT YOU LEFT WITHOUT SAYING GOOD-BYE" ..... dude wouldn't leave us alone for 5 minutes to go back to our rooms......

So what do I do the rest of the week..... I suck all the tootsie pops I could in the disco (and not in that way, dirty people !) and everytime i'd see him come our direction i'd run like crazy, but when your drunk running actually means swearving ..... ;)

It goes on and on.... and I have a library of stories to tell... but this is one of the few in which i'm not the violent one ! :p
Why didn't you tell him if he wanted to "SUCK' a mean pop in case a guy wanted him, or that maybe you showed his wife and that's the reason that she was trying it with another man, since his "lolli" doesn't "pop", hehehe.

Thread related:: I am sorry that you wus robbed!

Last edited:

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
la_barbie said:

Just curious, but how did you break his beak in two places ? :D

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
KrackedKris said:
Just curious, but how did you break his beak in two places ? :D

first of all i was drunk outta my mind, otherwise i dunno if i would've done what i did.

Second.... i have a gold ring on each of my fingers.... ( and some of them just by looking at them can tell they would hurt )

I know I first broke it when I punched him in the face closed fist, the seond break im not sure.... I didnt find out till later from the cop that there were to breaks.... could it have broke in two places wwhen i first punched him? I dunno... but i do know that spazzed BAD on the mothers *** !

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
la_barbie said:
first of all i was drunk outta my mind, otherwise i dunno if i would've done what i did.

Second.... i have a gold ring on each of my fingers.... ( and some of them just by looking at them can tell they would hurt )

I know I first broke it when I punched him in the face closed fist, the seond break im not sure.... I didnt find out till later from the cop that there were to breaks.... could it have broke in two places wwhen i first punched him? I dunno... but i do know that spazzed BAD on the mothers *** !

Are you ever sober girl? On all of your post you're drunk out of your F*** mind! :paranoid:

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
juanita said:
Are you ever sober girl? On all of your post you're drunk out of your F*** mind! :paranoid:

The boose is paid for might as well make the best of it !