A few questions I ask myself

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
-Why would anybody wish to buy a car in Santo Domingo with a city full of potholes and sewer holes without covers?
-When was the last time a garbage truck drove thru your neighborhood?
-When will the PPH finally admit they lost the elections?
-Why would Alvarez Renta offer to donate houses to the people in Jimani when he knows full well the offer would be refused?
-When will Albert Pujols tell the whole world he is "Dominican"?
-When will Raul Mondesi, if ever, reach his potential?
-When will DR finally do away with burning charcoal for cooking?
-When will our cities do away with horse-pulled fruit vendors?
-When will we do away with tricycle vendors in our city streets?
-When will Dominicans learn that you do not ask people you don't know for change to make a phone call?
-When will Dominican women learn not to ask you for your cellular to make a phone call? Have they heard of Orange? Tricom? Work to buy one?
-Do you ever want to see a Dominican politician ever?
-What's the difference between Leonel and Hipolito?
-Can anyone tell the difference between Haiti and Dominican Republic now? Are we still two different countries? Or have we already merged, but don't know it yet?
-Who gets more press internationally, DR or Haiti...Haiti...why?
-When will the next dam break and drown more Dominicans? Did Hippo plan this as punishment for not voting for him?
-Did you know there was an earthquake in Jimani four days after the flood?
-Why do we still subsidize propane gas? When will we equalize gasoil prices to premium gas so we stop subsidizing SUV owners who already block our views including the sun?
-Don't you hate when you park your car and find two SUV's parked side by side next to you? Don't you just hate the bastards?
-Does anyone follow major league baseball without Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds playing?
-Who cares that names like Burnitz, Chavez, Gonzalez, Blalock lead the majors in HRs?
-Who cares that Juan Luis Guerra has a new CD coming?
-Who cares who the queen of merengue is when only two women in the world are foolish enough to sing it?
-When was the last time a Dominican comedian made you laugh? Is there such a thing as a Dominican comedian? Is vulgarity comedy? Tickle me!
-Are you surprised most Dominican baseball players are naturalized Americans?
-Why do people prefer to die in the mouth of a shark or drowning as opposed to getting themselves a job for a change? Where do they find the US$10,000 for the priviledge to ride in a handmade mini titanic?
-Why do transformers blow up everyday in DR?
-Why would anybody find the need to buy a pet dog, rabbit or cat from a street peddler? When will we ever learn about civilization? Pet shops anyone?
-Why would anybody buy anything from a beach vendor?
-Why do I see tourists using concho cars and exposing themselves to stinky people and being crushed by this mob?
-Why do people risk their lives riding motoconchos, when car and buses are cheaper?
-Why would anybody buy orange juice from a Haitian vendor when his hands touch the orange and the juice directly?
-Why do Dominicans wait till they come to your house to ask you to drink water? Why do they need your bathroom the minute they arrive?
-Why do Dominicans like to live in the same neighborhood abroad?
TW

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Brother Golo!!!!

Golo100 said:
-Why would anybody wish to buy a car in Santo Domingo with a city full of potholes and sewer holes without covers?
-Why would Alvarez Renta offer to donate houses to the people in Jimani when he knows full well the offer would be refused?
-When will Dominicans learn that you do not ask people you don't know for change to make a phone call?
-When will Dominican women learn not to ask you for your cellular to make a phone call? Have they heard of Orange? Tricom? Work to buy one?
-Can anyone tell the difference between Haiti and Dominican Republic now? Are we still two different countries? Or have we already merged, but don't know it yet?
-When will the next dam break and drown more Dominicans? Did Hippo plan this as punishment for not voting for him?
-Why do we still subsidize propane gas? When will we equalize gasoil prices to premium gas so we stop subsidizing SUV owners who already block our views including the sun?
-Don't you hate when you park your car and find two SUV's parked side by side next to you? Don't you just hate the bastards?
-Does anyone follow major league baseball without Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds playing?
-Who cares that names like Burnitz, Chavez, Gonzalez, Blalock lead the majors in HRs?
-Who cares who the queen of merengue is when only two women in the world are foolish enough to sing it?
-When was the last time a Dominican comedian made you laugh? Is there such a thing as a Dominican comedian? Is vulgarity comedy? Tickle me!
-Why do people prefer to die in the mouth of a shark or drowning as opposed to getting themselves a job for a change? Where do they find the US$10,000 for the priviledge to ride in a handmade mini titanic?
-Why would anybody find the need to buy a pet dog, rabbit or cat from a street peddler? When will we ever learn about civilization? Pet shops anyone?
-Why do I see tourists using concho cars and exposing themselves to stinky people and being crushed by this mob?
-Why do people risk their lives riding motoconchos, when car and buses are cheaper?
-Why would anybody buy orange juice from a Haitian vendor when his hands touch the orange and the juice directly?
-Why do Dominicans wait till they come to your house to ask you to drink water? Why do they need your bathroom the minute they arrive?
TW
Edit your thread and put numbers on all your questions and I PROMISE that I will answer them ALL. Some with some sarcasm and some with "comedy on the side" comments!!!!!!!!

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Golo100-When will Dominican women learn not to ask you for your cellular to make a phone call? Have they heard of Orange? Tricom? Work to buy one? [B said:
They've heard of it, and probably have one, they just want to use someone else's.[/B]

Golo100 said:

The audacity of some people.

Golo100 said:

Indeed.

Golo100 said:

They are looking for the total "Dominican Experience"

Golo100 said:

Comfort Zone.

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Golo you are loosing it seriously!!

You blame the SUV owners for blocking the view and at the same time wonder why people want to buy cars in Santo Domingo because of the bad road problems?

What is your solution? Oh I forgot...no hay internet in the Vietnam cell..

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Pavan said:
You blame the SUV owners for blocking the view and at the same time wonder why people want to buy cars in Santo Domingo because of the bad road problems?

What is your solution? Oh I forgot...no hay internet in the Vietnam cell..

HAHA!! Sorry, had to let it out without being loud. I promise to behave :p

Anyhow, these are everyday issues that plague the nation. Golo is just about fed up with it and might go to Panama or Vietnam.......others might follow and then in the future, he will post on the problems of the country he moved to......it's understandable why he does what does though

ginger ale

May 6, 2004
Great stuff!

Golo100 said:
TW

Great questions/observations! I hate those SUV's too but wish I owned one to own the road as they think they do! Studies have proven that SUV drivers are more agressive!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
ginger ale said:
Great questions/observations! I hate those SUV's too but wish I owned one to own the road as they think they do! Studies have proven that SUV drivers are more agressive!

More agressive than who, the question is, because everyone there thinks they own the road. Are they more agressive than the motoconchos that somehow maneuvre their way to the front of the line at the traffic light, no matter how far back they are? lol

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Golo100 said:
Once all the trees are gone and the price of charcoal sky rockets.

Once pick-up truck prices drop to affordable levels.

Once the Haitians decide to leave the DR alone. Most tricycles are being used by Haitians, notice that?

They won't. It's always easier to spend someone else's minutes!!

Haiti! Because the news agencies love to show how poor black people suffer.

No. That's whats in fashion with Dominicans living abroad. Heck, even the now re-elect president Fernandez is encouraging expats to naturalize themselves. The more voting power they get in the US, the better attention the gov. will give to them and maybe even to the DR if those expats demand it.

That's the million dollar question!

You don't sufficate in heat!

-Why do they need your bathroom the minute they arrive?
Because even walking a Dominican street is a life and death game. Driving is nuts!

Because most Dominicans don't feel that they chose to leave the DR, but they were force to leave it. So, they try to replicate the DR in a foreign land far far away!

TW

Good set of questions!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Why would anybody wish to buy a car in Santo Domingo with a city full of potholes and sewer holes without covers?

What's the alternative? Ride on Guaguas with those stinky people you mentioned. Owning a car in The DR is more about looking good than anything else. I'm sure you know that.

Last time I was there, the capital seemed pretty clean to me. At least the cleanest I've seen it in a long time. Even very little political propaganda. Not sure about the situation now.

Will they ever admit to anything...Come on you know better than that...

When will we (Dominicans) stop wanting famous people to acknowledge their nationality? Personally don't care if he admits it or not...Pujols, ARod, Manny...most people don't know of their nationality (They never say they are Dominicans). I know I am and that's good enough for me...
A bigger question I have is why would Pujols marry a divorced woman who already had a child by someone else? All that money and he couldn't find a single woman?

Never. He's already past his prime, only has a couple of more years of baseball.

When the land is as bare as the Haitian side is...Hope we never get to see that day.

Hey...you don't want to take away the charm of the city do you? What would we be without such things? Another Miami?

Again...such charming city

I've never had a Dominican ask me for spare change. Had many Americans, though in cities like NY and Washington. Must be your rich looks...

Hey, you're lucky they are just asking you to use the phone. I've had some ask me to BUY them one...Yeah right!!!

Nope

Leonel still has hair (Lionel Richie hair). Hippo lost it all. Leonel has vision. Hippo lost his, but refuses to wear glasses...

The more different we try to be, the more alike we become. Whether we want to admit it or not we're bound together forever. It's like that relative we all have, that we wish we didn't, but there's nothing we can do, so might as well embrace it.

When I tell people here I'm from The DR, they have no idea where that is. All I have to say is that we're next to Haiti and close to Cuba. Thye immediately know where The DR is.

Well I hope is not the one in Hatillo, cause that would be bad for my house. Actually this was probably a punishment for voting FOR Hippo. If you notice, this was one of those places where Hippo won.

More punishment???

Because if we don't, then we would cut down every tree in sight to make charcoal.

I hate those people who park their puny little cars, next to my mammoth SUV..Just kidding!

What about Pedro? Where the hell is he? I want the real Pedro back...

Who? I though that guy you mentioned above, who would not admit to being Dominican was leading the majors in HR's

What is it? Bachata Rosa part II?

The queen and the princess...that way no one is left out

Let's see...hmmm...that's a hard one

Nope...some people like to pretend they're not Dominicans once they get some money.

Because at the end of that trip lie unimaginable riches. It's all about the money. Hey Columbus sailed even farther, and without a motor...looking for the same thing as these people. This is one group that has benefited form the peso devaluation. The trips which used to cost about 5k USD are now about 2k USD.

It's a dominican form of fireworks

Why even spend any money? Aren't there a gazillion dogs roaming the streets? Just snatch one from the street and force it to be your pet, or else...

Hey I bought some Cohibas from one of them in Boca Chica. A case of 25 for about 16 USD. And to think that Americans pay about 40 USD/per cigar around here...

Cause they haven't had a chance to buy their own Motorcycle yet.

Yes, but you don't get that nice breeze running through you hair in a bus. Not to mention the adrenaline rush of dodging SUV's, Horse-pulled street vendors, Haitian orange juice vendors

Convenience and more flava...Are you against it, because their hands may be dirty or because their hands may be black?...Mmmm tasty

Hey, it's hot like a motha in Herrre. Of course once you fill yourself up with water, then you need to use the bathroom...

Cause is a lot safer than moving to let's say Howell, Michigan (KKK country)

TW[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering why am I spending time answering all these questions, when I have a ton of work to get done...Oh yeah, cause I wish I was in The DR instead, so deep down I have this desire to ge fired so I can have an excuse...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Since you did not answered, here they go!!!

Golo100 said:
-01Why would anybody wish to buy a car in Santo Domingo with a city full of potholes and sewer holes without covers?
02-When was the last time a garbage truck drove thru your neighborhood?
03-When will the PPH finally admit they lost the elections?
04-Why would Alvarez Renta offer to donate houses to the people in Jimani when he knows full well the offer would be refused?
05-When will Albert Pujols tell the whole world he is "Dominican"?
06-When will Raul Mondesi, if ever, reach his potential?
07-When will DR finally do away with burning charcoal for cooking?
08-When will our cities do away with horse-pulled fruit vendors?
09-When will we do away with tricycle vendors in our city streets?
10-When will Dominicans learn that you do not ask people you don't know for change to make a phone call?
11-When will Dominican women learn not to ask you for your cellular to make a phone call? Have they heard of Orange? Tricom? Work to buy one?
12-Do you ever want to see a Dominican politician ever?
13-What's the difference between Leonel and Hipolito?
14-Can anyone tell the difference between Haiti and Dominican Republic now? Are we still two different countries? Or have we already merged, but don't know it yet?
15-Who gets more press internationally, DR or Haiti...Haiti...why?
16-When will the next dam break and drown more Dominicans? Did Hippo plan this as punishment for not voting for him?
17-Did you know there was an earthquake in Jimani four days after the flood?
18-Why do we still subsidize propane gas? When will we equalize gasoil prices to premium gas so we stop subsidizing SUV owners who already block our views including the sun?
19-Don't you hate when you park your car and find two SUV's parked side by side next to you? Don't you just hate the bastards?
20-Does anyone follow major league baseball without Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds playing?
21-Who cares that names like Burnitz, Chavez, Gonzalez, Blalock lead the majors in HRs?
22-Who cares that Juan Luis Guerra has a new CD coming?
23-Who cares who the queen of merengue is when only two women in the world are foolish enough to sing it?
24-When was the last time a Dominican comedian made you laugh? Is there such a thing as a Dominican comedian? Is vulgarity comedy? Tickle me!
25-Are you surprised most Dominican baseball players are naturalized Americans?
26-Why do people prefer to die in the mouth of a shark or drowning as opposed to getting themselves a job for a change? Where do they find the US$10,000 for the priviledge to ride in a handmade mini titanic?
27-Why do transformers blow up everyday in DR?
28-Why would anybody find the need to buy a pet dog, rabbit or cat from a street peddler? When will we ever learn about civilization? Pet shops anyone?
29-Why would anybody buy anything from a beach vendor?
30-Why do I see tourists using concho cars and exposing themselves to stinky people and being crushed by this mob?
31-Why do people risk their lives riding motoconchos, when car and buses are cheaper?
32-Why would anybody buy orange juice from a Haitian vendor when his hands touch the orange and the juice directly?
33-Why do Dominicans wait till they come to your house to ask you to drink water? Why do they need your bathroom the minute they arrive?
34-Why do Dominicans like to live in the same neighborhood abroad?
TW
Some of my answers. Mine, not everybody's:::::::

01- Because a car in the DR, to some, it's a luxury and not a necesity!
02- When they knocked on people's doors at Christmas for their bonus/gift!
03- Only when they had finished their "job" of stealing everything on sight!
04- Because he knew full well that the offer would be refused!
05- Only when he knows that it would get him more dinero if he say it!
06- Yes, when you see him tending to his "Raul The Brat" Chimichurry stand!
07- When propane gas gets to be cheaper than charcoal!
08- When their prices get higher than the supermarket's!
09- When they get their own tricycle LANES. Meaning: NEVER!
10- When the colmados give them the change and not tell them to buy algo!
11- When they know that they can not get away with it!. Yes, they have heard of Tricom and Orange, so what when they also know "the moron with the cell will lend it to me" company!.Why work when "the Jack Ax" Co. is free!
12- Only if that dominican politician would teach me the "tricks of stealing"!
13- One is an moron and the other is also a moron= 2 ladrones!
14- Less poor in the DR, I think!. Yes they are diffferent, there are more beautiful girls in the DR!. Merged?, I DO see more Haitians than dominicans!
15- Haiti, hands down!. Because Haiti has much more problems than the DR!
16- Soon, I hope not!. Yes, that moron is to be blame for EVERYTHING!
17- No I did not!.
18- Because it's the norm!. When the rich stop being rich! At leat they block the sun when it's hot!
19- Yes because it reminds me of my shitty car! Yes I do, and that's why there are many missing headlights courtesy of my nice friend, THE BAT!
20- Yes because there is something called "the whole Yankees team!
21- I don't as long as we have Sheffield, Sosa, Bonds and the YANKEES!
22- I do since if not for him, that fricking garbage, er, bachata would not have been born again, darn Juan Luis Guerra!
23- I don't care!. Are you talking about Fefita La Grande and Las Chican?!
24- Never, only if Cantinflas was dominican and not Mexican?. No, but there is some thing called "the dominican baboso" making believe that he is a comedian!. Yes, if you are a vulgar person just like them!.
25- Of course not, it gives them a little more notorioty, until they retire!
26- Because if the get killed by a shark or drown, they do not have to work!. They get it by borrowing it from their friends, also vagos!
27- Because some people buy the cheapest ones and then can not find a repairman that knows how to read Chinese!
28-Because they have to eat something!. Why learn about civilization when a "doggy a la cobb" is delicious!.
29- Because of the salt. It makes you hungry for anything,even for a sankie!
30- Because the "stink" gets washed off and the money they save buys them more presidentes!
31- Because motoconchos are faster and they "own the streets in the DR"!.
32- Because his sweaty hands gives the juice that "special extra ingredient"!
33- You think is easy walking 2 hours in the sun to visit someone!. Because they rather "fill up" your bathroon than theirs. They rather you smell their shi* than leave their home stinking for 2 weeks!
34- Because they want to feel at home. They need that frituras and the blasting speakers at arm lenght!.

Ps: Where in hell is my life?!!!!!!

Mark1

Mar 17, 2004
creoleboy509 said:
just like when u go 2 california why do all those mexicans live their ummm. i think its for a better life and for jobs jus like why do most haitians come to miami or dr so whats the differnce desperate times calls for desperate measures so they do what they gotta do if u guys were in a situation where your country wasent to great u would leave anyways the average salary in dr isnt that great either compared to what i make here in the states i could suport about 8 families with everything

never heard of the magical word "irony'?

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Long time ago
When Guido gets locked up
Because he knows in this country you CAN buy impunity
Four Years
-Can anyone tell the difference between Haiti and Dominican Republic now? Are we still two different countries? Or have we already merged, but don't know it yet? LLevatelo Cundo
Haiti - They have a better educated diplomatic corp among other things
-Why do people prefer to die in the mouth of a shark or drowning as opposed to getting themselves a job for a change? Where do they find the US$10,000 for the priviledge to ride in a handmade mini titanic? Have you ever heard the song "el negrito del batey? We'd rather die than get a job.
TW[/QUOTE]

Porthos

May 13, 2004
this Golo makes me sick

I'm getting so tired of this man! He only complains about everything! Just wonder when is he going to stop complaining and start working to make a change, or else shut the f*ck off! Really. Seems like the worst person I've ever heard off, and not even know him. Not that I want to, God forbid. Stop makin' your stupid questions, and live us true & proud dominicans alone. LEAVE US ALONE!

P. S. Wrote this based on all the stupidities this jerk writes in his posts, lets see how he responds based on what I write, but wont be no surprises if he answers writing about a lot of personal things he has just no way of knowing about me. That's what losers do.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Porthos said:
I'm getting so tired of this man! He only complains about everything! Just wonder when is he going to stop complaining and start working to make a change, or else shut the f*ck off! Really. Seems like the worst person I've ever heard off, and not even know him. Not that I want to, God forbid. Stop makin' your stupid questions, and live us true & proud dominicans alone. LEAVE US ALONE!

P. S. Wrote this based on all the stupidities this jerk writes in his posts, lets see how he responds based on what I write, but wont be no surprises if he answers writing about a lot of personal things he has just no way of knowing about me. That's what losers do.

Seems like someone has issues accepting reality...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
When?

Porthos said:

He will stop the second you stop taking everything he says so SERIOUSLY!. Golo seems to be a nice guy!.

Ps: I don't want to sound like a jerk, but he has been entertaining us with his posts for over 1 year, will you be here in 1 year?.

Last edited:

Porthos

May 13, 2004
I was a little too rude

miguel said:
He will stop the second you stop taking everything he says so SERIOUSLY!. Golo seems to be a nice guy!.

Ps: I don't want to sound like a jerk, but he has been entertaining us with his posts for over 1 year, will you be here in 1 year?.

about being here in 1 year, don't know, about bein' entertaining you, I'm no clown. But seriously, I want to say something:

I think that of all the qualities I may have, the one that I'm proud the most about is being tolerant. So, I have to say that I went too far attacking Golo. I disagree with 99% of the things he says, and I might even get pissed off of him, but, God, he has the right to say whatever he wants. People from US of A are used to hear smart-asses to wreck their country down to pieces all the time (jay leno is soo famous for this, isn't he? So is dennis miller, to mention jut two names). We dominicans aren't used to this, and golo more than anybody should be aware of that (the two guys making the poll, the devil or Hipolito?). Anyway, I want to take it back. I really sorry that a dominican, if he really is dominican, born and raised like me, shouldn't be showing our dirty laundry to people outside, but, if he feels happy about it, I'm not the one to make him stop. One thing I know for sure: I'm not reading Golo, because, really, I just got enough of him.

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Porthos.......get a life!

We the DR1oners enjoy Golo?s posts and will always look forward to them. You have not known the real Golo from about 2 years back.

So be a part of the DR1 group or be a loser! your call.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Woe...too harsh!

Porthos,

I did not answer Golo's original post however yours seems to jump out me more. Wow!

La critica es DEMASIADO dura y ademas innecesaria. En la vida, en general cuidado con lo que dices porque algun dia vas a pagar caro ese error.

Although what you MAY be saying is true the delivery could be much improved.

Realmente me da pena lo que escribiste.

Sincerely,

Lesley D.

Porthos said:

Last edited: