Where can I find these in SD?

Mikefree5151

May 28, 2004
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to shop for these "faceless" dolls that they sell in the DR? I'm not sure if my upload of the picture will be successful, but they are these little (3-5 inches) ceramic dolls that usually are women with hats holding flowers or with something in their hands. They have no facial features whatsoever. I would love to buy a number of them to bring home, but would like to avoid touristy places like the Conde. I believe there is a fabrica in Santiago where they are made, but I'm not sure I'll be getting up there this trip. If anyone knows of a good place in Santo Domingo that would be wonderful.

Thanks again for all of your help :D .
Mike

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Faceless dolls

You might want to check out Plaza Central (27 de Febrero, between Lincoln and W. Churchill), there is a Dominican art store on the first floor and another (bigger) on the second floor! Also, the best place (cheaper) would be to visit Mercado Modelo near El Conde!

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Dolls

Those dolls are available virtually everywhere in DR especially gift shops, but the best ones are called Gifina

Lorenzo1ro

Mar 9, 2005
selling gifina dolls

Hi, I don't know if you find the Gifina dolls, but I started to import them to the USA and I can sell you some if you want.
Frank Lorenzo 702-336-7035

Mikefree5151 said:
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to shop for these "faceless" dolls that they sell in the DR? I'm not sure if my upload of the picture will be successful, but they are these little (3-5 inches) ceramic dolls that usually are women with hats holding flowers or with something in their hands. They have no facial features whatsoever. I would love to buy a number of them to bring home, but would like to avoid touristy places like the Conde. I believe there is a fabrica in Santiago where they are made, but I'm not sure I'll be getting up there this trip. If anyone knows of a good place in Santo Domingo that would be wonderful.

Mike

Chad & Nani

Mar 3, 2005
If you're looking for to buy several Gifina dolls, you can get them direct from the fabrica (if I remember right it's in the sur). I have the owner's name and number tucked away, and she's always open to make deal for purchases of several dolls. If I remember right I paid 650 pesos (back when the peso was 17=$1) for the small dolls. The bigger specialty ones were more like 1500-2000 pesos (the bride, etc...). She'll even custom make dolls to your specs if you're looking for something special. I'll PM you once I find her name and number. By the way, they are very attractive dolls!

Mikefree5151 said:
Hi there,

Mike