Taxi Fares

Danyelle

Jun 2, 2004
Hi,

Next week I'll be in POP at the Riu resorts.
Does anyone know the taxi prices / length of trip from
POP to Sosua, Cabarete, Santiago?

Thanks a bunch for any info.

Danyelle

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Riu

wow you are gonna love riu resorts i stayed at Riu Bachata last year and it was great. Unfortunately i was local at the time so im not sure how much the taxi ride will cost. Take advantage of the midnite strolls on the beach.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Sorry to hijack this thread but in addition to how much will they cost i would also like to know how late at night you can get transport back from cabarete to Playa Dorada.

If its gone midnight do you pretty much have to put up with their price or do you have other options to look for a better one?

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Danyelle said:
Hi,

Next week I'll be in POP at the Riu resorts.
Does anyone know the taxi prices / length of trip from
POP to Sosua, Cabarete, Santiago?

Thanks a bunch for any info.

Danyelle

POP to Sosua 20 minutes and *$6-$10

POP to Caberete 25-30 minutes *$6-$15

POP to Santiago about an hour and $30-$50

*Public taxis are much cheaper.
Resort taxis run higher.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Jimmydr

Is this per person or for the whole taxi? Can you find the price changes at all for later at night?

Cheers

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
tired_boy said:
Can you find the price changes at all for later at night?

Cheers

For instance, in Sosua if there are 4-5 taxis the price is the same but if there is only 1 then YES! Having been here 25 times I use the same guys. If you are in town a week, get their numbers if you like them. Some are better than others.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Jimmydr -

If we are planning to go off into Cabarete from Playa Dorada and return late.......how does that change things? Do the taxis bump up their prices? Is it ever too late to get one?

Any advice would be great! :)

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
tired_boy said:
Jimmydr -

If we are planning to go off into Cabarete from Playa Dorada and return late.......how does that change things? Do the taxis bump up their prices? Is it ever too late to get one?

Usually you would hire a taxi for the day or night and he stays with you. I usually pay $45 from Sosua to Santiago leaving at 9PM returning around 2-3AM.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
tired_boy said:
Jimmydr -

There are taxis in Caberete until 3am and the prices are posted on the taxi stand.