drinking age in dr

podg22

Jun 2, 2004
i'm going away on holiday in october to the dominican republic with my girlfriend. I'm staying all inclusive in a hotel and wanted to now what the legal drinking age is. I'm 21 so i now i'll be alright but my girlfriends only 17 will she beable to drink? :ermm:

richard

Jan 1, 2002
drinking Age

The legal age is 18 but as long as your girl friend doesn't look twelve she most likely won't have a problem getting served.The only thing that might screw it up would be if they issued her an underage wrist band. Of course then, youwould just have to go get her drinks. :knockedou

h.erickson

May 16, 2004
In the D.R. rules are meant to be broken, If your 17 , you are considered a minor so you shouldn't be drinking, at least not in the streets but hey I starting drinking casually at 15 and that was a long long time ago...anyways if your girlfriend seems older I dont think they'll be any problems. ;)

Adam Spenser

Nov 29, 2002
Drinking Age

If you are coming from the US I would be concerned about something besides drinking age with a 17 year old. Your state could have a statutory rape age of below 18.
Adam Spenser

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Get back on Topic

Adam Spenser said:
If you are coming from the US I would be concerned about something besides drinking age with a 17 year old. Your state could have a statutory rape age of below 18.
Adam Spenser

That wasn't even the question. There wasn't even a mention of sex. Put your bible away.

MCM

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Drinking age in DR. You must be kidding?

I was in the Supermarket on Sunday and they were giving away a Car that day as a draw, They had the local Disk jockey and all the normal noise, anyway they also had a Brugal Booth giving away free Cube Libre's......As God as my judge I saw a women sharing her Cube Libre with her 3 young children.

Gringo

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
There is no drinking age down here...

podg22 said:
i'm going away on holiday in october to the dominican republic with my girlfriend. I'm staying all inclusive in a hotel and wanted to now what the legal drinking age is. I'm 21 so i now i'll be alright but my girlfriends only 17 will she beable to drink? :ermm:

I was born and raised down here...and the only thing that kept me from drinking as a kid was that it tasted rotten to me... 15 year old birthday parties or "los quince" have an open bar for all.
You will have no problems with that down here. 17 years old is plenty.

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Drinking?

When it comes to drinking im the most corrupt. I have gone out drinking and dancing with my cousins who are between 14 - 17 no bartender or waitress has ever denied them any drinks in Dominican Republic.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
podg22 said:

Drink up! But the only thing you should really worry about, are the flies called ?sankies? trying to land on your girlfriend! Keep her close and bring a fly swatter! :p

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Drinking age?

The rule of thumb is, if she's tall enough to look over the bar, she's old enough to drink.

Mephs

Sep 11, 2003
Jerry K said:
The rule of thumb is, if she's tall enough to look over the bar, she's old enough to drink.

I thought the rule was if you have enough money to pay, you're old enough to drink.