Cabarete Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danyelle

Jun 2, 2004
Hi,

I'll be in POP. I've heard that Cabarete has the best beach on the north coast.
Can anyone give me any info on it?

Thanks sooo much :)

Before Saturday please...after that I'll be in POP :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Cabarete beach..

Danyelle said:
Hi,

It really depends on what your criteria is for defining best beach.
It sure is pretty and it's quite a site to see with all the windsurfers and kite surfers.
I personally would not classify it as the best beach, as it faces into the East and the water churns up the sand near the edge and as soon as you get farther out, you may have windsurfers running over you, so from a swimmer's point of view, it's not on my favorite list.
There are so many beautiful beaches on the North coast, from the most deserted ones to the highly active sporty ones. There are calm bays and surfing type beaches, big ones and small ones, beaches of every kind, so I wouldn't know which to describe as the best one.
Marco.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Danyelle said:
Hi,

Are you staying in Puerta Plata?

I personally prefer Sosua beach to Caberete, at Sosua you can snorkel over the reefs whereas the sea at Caberete is like Playa Dorada (churned up sand).

Danyelle

Jun 2, 2004
Thanks Marco... best beach??

Hi,

Thanks for your speedy reply. I appreciate it. What is the best deserted beach with softest sand and least noise/traffic

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
El Encuentro?

Danyelle said:
Hi,

Thanks for your speedy reply. I appreciate it. What is the best deserted beach with softest sand and least noise/traffic
There are so many of them, although I can't remember if any have soft sand, but I do remember stopping at a really kool deserted beach called El Encuentro, somewhere between Rio San Juan and Cabrera.

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
Encuentro is more of a surfing spot and it is in the center between Sosua and Cabarete!!!!! Back behind Coconut Palms Resort!!

SSSiidddd

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
you're right

CabareteCid said:
Encuentro is more of a surfing spot and it is in the center between Sosua and Cabarete!!!!! Back behind Coconut Palms Resort!!

SSSiidddd
Dang, I can't remember the name of the beach I was refering to.
If it comes to me, I'll post it.

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
sosua was the best one that I've been to on the North Coast. I probably wrong, but I don't remember seeing any soft sandy beaches on the North Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.