Ceducompp

S

Stephen

Well, as long as there has been some "chatter" on other threads regarding CEDUCOMPP, I will tell you my experience with them as a computer company.

I have bought (and never will again) 3 computers from them in the last 5 years or so. EVERY one of them had trouble within a short time. When you have them "build" you a computer, you'll most likely pick it up when they say it's ready and there'll always been some part "missing" because it's on order and eventually it will be substituted with a cheaper part. (although they say it costs more).

Then the thing that really made me realize what type of business they are, is when you go to the service dept. Make believe you don't know anything about computers and they will rip you off.

One time they changed a sound card on me, but i couldn't prove it.

Another time after having the computer for only 2 days, there was a problem that I had to take it back for. I only had to WAIT for the repair for about 10 minutes so we wandered around the store. I also knew that I wanted 256 memory instead of the 128 that I had bought so I told them to increase the memory. THIS TIME I MARKED ALL THE PIECES INSIDE THE COMPUTER. When it was ready they tried to charge me for two 128's (at the time, a while back i guess the 256's weren't available) and told me that I only had a 56 in it.

I saw "my memory" sitting right there (cause i marked it) (this was at the small service station that they have on the left side of the back of the store not upstairs). .................and ALL OF A SUDDEN, they must have gotten my stuff confused with another.

I DARE ELVIN TO DISPUTE THIS FACT, CAUSE I HAD 2 DOMINICAN FRIENDS WITH ME AT THE TIME THAT IT "HAPPENED".

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Most of the motherboards and accessories you will find here are junk.
Bottom of the line Asian imports, un-matched components etc.

I import all the componenets I need via EPS out of Miami.
Never had a hassle and the pricing has always been cheaper.

I usually use TigerDirect and it takes 3-4 days door to door.

T

TiberiusMineola

Tiger Direct! Cecomsa!!

I agree with Robert. TigerDirect is a 1st class outfit. VG prices, reliable delivery; easy to buy on the Net, frequent catalogs. I bought a PC from Cecomsa [Santiago main store] 3 years ago. I had minor problems & brought it back twice; fixed under warranty both times. Minor quibbling; usually @ 2, 3 days wait. Cecomsa also has a store in Sosua. It seems to have developed an above average reputation. I'm not trying to damn with faint praise. Question: When I look at DR PC stores sales propoganda, I never read the words 'warranty" or 'guarantee"! Do these adjectives translater into Spanish. When I ask, which I always do, I'm told that it's 1 year; seems to be standard, but it's like pulling teeth. Robert, thank you for a VG response; it's nice to have positive, useful consumer ifno from DR1. Please keep it up. If vaious venors knew that DR1 was keeping an eye on them, I wager that service to Grignos would improve.

S

Stephen

Warranties and Guarantees

I also had been skeptical of "warranties and guarantees" in the DR until I started doing business with Plaza Lama. EVERY TV, Air Conditioner etc that I need (and it is quite a few) I only buy from there. One property I have has over 8 of the split units and whenever I have needed service, Plaza Lama was there (and I'm in POP) with no problem!

SO, I have learned to only buy from them and only buy LG. (Just because the warranties/guarantees ARE HONORED!!

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Proda Com/ Puerto Plata

While we're on the subject, I've had good luck with their service department and the price is right. Inventory is pretty low, they are a satellite of Santiago. New power supply and computer case 1300 pesos.
Recently had problems with my Windows XP (English version), they saved my hard drive data, installed the Spanish version Windows XP and made two house call....700 pesos. One of the techs, Jose is pretty fluent in English.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
TigerDirect

Hi Robert,

They deliver to your home here in DR? 4 days?? Can you please shortly tell me how you do it and how much it costs.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
DR Mpe said:
Hi Robert,

They deliver to your home here in DR? 4 days?? Can you please shortly tell me how you do it and how much it costs.

This is what I did:

1) Open an EPS account. (http://www.eps-int.com/)
2) Go to TigerDirect online (http://tigerdirect.com) order the parts I wanted, sent the bank transfer and had them shipped to my EPS Box in Miami.
3) 4-5 days later went to the EPS office in Santo Domingo, paid the freight/duty and picked up the parts.

EPS deliver if you need that and they also offer online tracking of shipments, quotes etc etc etc.