Retirement plans

Flakinde

Jan 13, 2004
www.andman.com
My wife, a native Dominican, and I (second generation Dominican) have finally decided what we want to do to retire . . . move back to the DR!!!

We would like to buy some land ASAP, and then begin building as money trickles in.

We really don't want to move back to Santo Domingo, too hectic and crazy, we want to be peaceful seniors. :) We're looking for more of a country living, though with comforts and accessibilities in the essentials only (hospitals, etc.).

What would be the best area in the island to buy land at great value/quality for residential purposes?

Thanks,

Flak

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
For best value, stay out of the tourist areas. I think somewhere in the general area of Santiago would be good. Value good there, you have all the services, etc., available in Santo Domingo without all the hassle, and the medical services are very good. Lots of nice areas in easy driving distance from Santiago, some of them in beautiful, cool mountain settings.

Flakinde

Jan 13, 2004
www.andman.com
Hey Ken, thanks a lot for the reply.

I have heard that about $20 per square foot is an average of what land is costing right now. Do you know if this is realistic in and around Santiago?

Flak

Flakinde

Jan 13, 2004
www.andman.com
Flakinde said:
Hey Ken, thanks a lot for the reply.

I have heard that about $20 per square foot is an average of what land is costing right now. Do you know if this is realistic in and around Santiago?

Flak

Oops, meant to say square meter . . . sorry.