A few hair tips

mariposa

May 19, 2004
a few tips to you white guys dating Dominican girls:

1. We will use an umbrella even if it's a light rain falling, we worked too hard to have it this straight we don't want to get wet ni un pelito.

2. We will not shower with you unless we use a shower cap, which in any case will not be sexy at all so we might as well not shower together.

3. We will wrap our hairs up in the first few days of washing our hair in a "tuby" and yes we only wash our hair once a week, too much truoble doing the rollers twice or thrice a week, so no, thank you.

If I forgot anymore tips sobre nuestro pelo, let me know.

h.erickson

May 16, 2004
how about...

we like to tie it up when going to the beach, there is no way we will be seen with our hair undone and frazzled after going to the beach unless we put gel or conditioner.

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
mariposa said:

1. We will use an umbrella even if it's a light rain falling, we worked too hard to have it this straight we don't want to get wet ni un pelito.

2. We will not shower with you unless we use a shower cap, which in any case will not be sexy at all so we might as well not shower together.

3. We will wrap our hairs up in the first few days of washing our hair in a "tuby" and yes we only wash our hair once a week, too much truoble doing the rollers twice or thrice a week, so no, thank you.

You just described my wife to a T. I thought she was an anomally

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
mariposa said:

100% accurate, except my fiance carries an umbrella with her at all times, just in case. :classic:

mariposa

May 19, 2004
stewart said:
I just wish she would give up the tubi. I hate that.

She has to do the tubi because it will tangle up at night time and not as straight in the morning, it's a means to an end!

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
mariposa said:
She has to do the tubi because it will tangle up at night time and not as straight in the morning, it's a means to an end!

Understood. But I don't have to like it.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
How about saving to buy a $1,000 peso conditioner? They may be poor, but they have fabulous hair!

ArtistaPura*

Feb 19, 2004
mariposa said:

I don't know about you but I have to tie it up or pull it back while on el moto because that wind can really mess it up especially at night when its a bit dewy

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
No "bad" hair...

Some guys like the kinky hair on a woman. I don't. But there are so many women here that spend fortunes on their hair...the famous "penetre" and "domasuno".
There is a way to find out whats the real deal. All this provided that you have no feelings for this person yet, because if you do, then the result of the test won't matter.

The test:
1-Take her to sosua beach on a saturday afternoon. This will give you a chance to see the goods if you haven't yet (with some dominican women I know, it takes them months for them to put out.)
2-Casually invite her for a swim
3-Without her looking, dunk her head in the water...make it seem like friendly horseplay...If she gets mad...then thats your first clue
4-Buy her a beer and a fish and let the sun do it's magic....if the hair is bad...boom...you got an african explosion right before your eyes!! Like magic :D

PS: It sounds bad... but she's the one trying to pass for something she's not...so in my book its justified.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
aanot if she has used a good hair straighter!

Good hair straighters work wounder and the hair is straight for good. I have waves very loose only its a pain to maintain being from Santiago has nothing to do with carrying an unbrela. I carry one especially in DR , I get beet red and stay that way. its takes a while to long for it to fade. Black or white and umbrela is common sence. I already had a skin cancer scare during the Summer. Its not wise to overdo. Also sun poisoning happens to me often. burn with vomiting. Many in DR try to pass, but that is a social class problem. If you are wealthy you travel by car. While there I had a sunburn from driving. I know many middle eastern, when you see them in el Vesuvio look like sick and pale, they do not go out in the sunlight. My daughter who has a funny sence of humor went over and compare skin tones and eye color next to one and left them woundering what was going on.
another thing that DR people do that is so funny eating chicken and pizza with knife and forks. While there at el Vesuvio Debie put on a pair of white gloves to each pizza. We had a great evening.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
DRshooter said:
There is a way to find out whats the real deal. All this provided that you have no feelings for this person yet, because if you do, then the result of the test won't matter.

PS: It sounds bad... but she's the one trying to pass for something she's not...so in my book its justified.

I agree with Maria below, if she just got a relaxer, it will look straight nonetheless. However, she will be quite pissed b/c you missed up the do.