Container Trucking Company

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
Could someone please direct me to a trucking company that could transfer an entire 40 or 48 ft container from customs in Puerto Plata to a home in the DR. Not sure yet of the distance. I would guesstimate about 60 km. from Puerto Plata.

I'm trying to make a decision on purchasing a container in Canada. It's a moot point if I can't move it within the DR.

Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This should be no problem

Your customs broker will take care of that. there are tons of trucks to haul a container. Just ask him/her.

HB#)

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
Thanks HB

just wanted to make sure. you know how those simple assumptions can mess you up.

i like the idea of having a lockable structure, especially if we are in a more "basic" Dominican style home. we are shedding household pounds as we speak but i notice that most homes have little storage available (no basement, not attic etc..).

i am amazed and embarrassed about how much crap we seem to need... and i know we have way less than our friends. still miles to go.

and a really BIG thanks to everyone on DR1 as this truly is an invaluable resource. we will owe DR1 a great deal of our success in emigrating.