dominicans in montreal

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Thanks for confirming the date. This is great. Although I should know of this festival, I was not aware of the date. I will definitely keep this mind. Summer fun here I come!

Also may I add that the Dominican community in Montreal is the second largest- supposedly, "segun lo que me dicen" but I can't confirm the number by Jasper.

The community is quite visible among the Latino- Quebecois population.

Jasper said:
likely about 10,000. enough for a merengue festival:

http://www.festivalmerenguedemontreal.com

Last edited:

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Sorry, I know I'm straying from the topic, but is there a list of performers that will be attending this event? Too bad Toronto didn't have a festival like this...

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
debs said:
Sorry, I know I'm straying from the topic, but is there a list of performers that will be attending this event? Too bad Toronto didn't have a festival like this...

Your so right debs I live in TO and I wish there was one here. Maybe we can get one started lol! I would be one of the first people out there shaking my booty heee!!! I might just have to make a trip to Montreal hmmmm!!!

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
I will do some digging...

I will investigate and if I can get an agenda soon I will add it to this thread. However, the pamphlet did say local bands from MTL, TO, NY and of course La Rep?blica Dominicana. I'll get the scoop when I go dancing in the next couple of weeks (hopefully).

debs said: