Picinas

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
I have a picture of this place in DR called Picinas (not a pool) it looks like a beach kinda like boca chica. does anyone know how to get there or where it is ill most probably be in the capital.

thank you

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Lots of places in several towns known as La Piscina

What it means is that there is a pool for public use -- also place to eat and spend a Saturday or Sunday with the family. Lots of drinking takes place at these places also. Packed during summer.

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
picinas

No sweetie,

I'm actually looking for a beach called picinas. I think its close to Bavaro or La Romana i know its in that general area. If you give me your email i can probably send you a picture of it. I use it as my background on my computer.

thank you

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Then you are refering to Palmilla, between La Altagracia Province mainland and Saona Island. That land is included in the package our President wants to allow hotel development on. People call it "la piscina" because it's like a shallow swimming pool and is so transparent.

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
thank you

yessssssssssss!!!!

That must be it. Thank you soooo much. I look at this picture every day and wonder, when im going to see this place?

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Since it's so beautiful, you should put it in the Media Gallery so that we all can see it too.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
p1atan0 said:
yessssssssssss!!!!

That must be it. Thank you soooo much. I look at this picture every day and wonder, when im going to see this place?

Dolores is, as usual, correct. To get to it you may rent a speed-yola-boat from the beach in Bayahibe. Better go before they turn the place into yet another beachfront resort.
- Tordok