Energy in Samana

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
As I understand it(and I could be understanding wrong), there are 2 companies providing energy services in Samana.
Does any one know if they are reliable and which areas they provide their services to?
I am specially interested to know which provides to Las Terrenas and Which to Samana and Las galeras.
Is the service reliable? In terms of blackouts, are they normal?
Thanks!!

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
samiam said:
As I understand it(and I could be understanding wrong), there are 2 companies providing energy services in Samana.
Does any one know if they are reliable and which areas they provide their services to?
I am specially interested to know which provides to Las Terrenas and Which to Samana and Las galeras.
Is the service reliable? In terms of blackouts, are they normal?
Thanks!!

in las terrenas and las galeras, there is a private company called "luz y fuerza". in las galeras, the electricity is extremely reliable but on the pricey side. it is without a doubt the best electricity in the country. samana's electricity is edenorte i believe and is alot less reliable. on the road to playa rincon, there is another small, private company which is trying to build a service towards playa rincon where there will one day be a great deal of development and demand for electricity.