Tell Me About Santo Domingo

ddtjman

Jun 5, 2004
I'll be there from the 12th til' the 15th. I'm looking at getting a hotel for as cheap as possible without compromising safety. I have heard that some hotels in the downtown area go from $17 to $30 USD. If anyone has any names of these places, please let me know.

Next, places to eat that are reasonable, preferably a good seafood restaurant.

Good downtown nightclubs and any sights to see would also be apprecited.

Thanks,

Mark

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
That's Pretty Cheap

Expect names like "Kill the Gringo Hotel" and "Dead Gulch Arms" etc. for $17 bucks.

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Since you are new here, you should do a search on all of the info you just requested. You'll get some valuable info and find more than you need.

aj2

Jun 5, 2004
hey, mark

ddtjman said:
I'll be there from the 12th til' the 15th. I'm looking at getting a hotel for as cheap as possible without compromising safety.

Here, are some places in nice areas that you can stay for really cheap prices.
apartahotel turey 809-562-5271
apartahotel plaza florida 809-541-3957
apartahotel aladino 809-567-3059-0144
apartahotel plaza del sol 809-6871317
apartahotel drake 809-567-4427
hotel delta 809-5350800

about the food you can go to uepa.com and go to (Guia local=localguide)in the menu. you going to see (Buscar restaurantes=looking for restaurant)
and choose the type of foods you want(tipo de comida), the type of foods iare in english too.
about the nightclubs,you can search for them in the same page(Buscar bares=looking for bars)but anyway iam going to give you some good places

1.the tao room- abrahan linconl av. plaza andalucia, 2nd level(www.taoroom.com.do)
2.monte cristo- abrahan linconl av.
3.nirvana- abrahan linconl av.
4.praia- gustavo mejia ricart # 78, naco(www.praia.com.do)
5.loft- tirandente av. #44, naco(www.loft.com.do)
6.diletto - lopez de vegas av.
7.kiev lounge- abrahan linconl av.
8.republic-k- winston churchill, plaza las america ll, #14a
9.taboo bamboo- roberto pastoriza av #313, naco
10.retro cafe- abrahan linconl av. plaza andalucia ll, 2nd level
11.trio cafe- abrahan linconl
12.stratus cafe winston churchill, plaza fernandez ll, 2nd level

but a better choice for you that dont know much the city, it's to go to the colonial city,that is the old city is called zona colonial and there, you're going to find alot of places to eat and to have alot of fun at night.there, are some of the greatest bars and lounges in the city,like
abacus
mankala
atarazana9
tech bar
murano
nowhere
fushion rose
vanity
pop lounge
and many more
and you can go from want to another by walking because they are near each others.you can also get to meet the oldest city in americas.and dont forget to visit the colonial city in the daytime to find good food. have fun