Property Line moved two tareas over!

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
I have a problem that requires a legal opinion, my next door neighbor in my absent moved the propety line to acomodate her desire after being told that it was not for sale. The five foot fence is all on my property. Do I have any obligation to let this land grabber get away with it. What can happen if I tear this fence down and claim my right of ownership. It is in one of the most expensive area of Santiago due to an unpoiled neighborhood.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Very easy!!!

mariaobetsanov said:
I have a problem that requires a legal opinion, my next door neighbor in my absent moved the propety line to acomodate her desire after being told that it was not for sale. The five foot fence is all on my property. Do I have any obligation to let this land grabber get away with it. What can happen if I tear this fence down and claim my right of ownership. It is in one of the most expensive area of Santiago due to an unpoiled neighborhood.
If I were you, I would tell your neighbor, land tittle in hand, that she needs to move the fence to her side of the house!. If she does not, then tell her that you will get a lawyer and will take her to court. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT take it down yourself because then she would have an excuse to do harm to you(it has been done). Then get a lawyer and do as you told her and watch her take it down right away. People have some nerves!!!!. Do not take matters into your own hand because she would make your life miserable. Do everything by the law (I know, the law sucks over there, but try it anyways, any law is better than no law at all).

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Mr/ Guzman

Fabio J. Guzman said:
In a case like this, having a "deslinde" (see my post below) is extremely important since you would have officially approved boundaries.
tHE PERSON JUAT DID AFTER BEING TOLD THAT WE WOULD NOT SELL HER THE LAND. wE DID NOT AGREE TO CHANGE IN PROPERTY LINE. tHIS IS A CASE OF OURIGHT THEFT.

I WILL BUILS THE FENCE WHERE THE PROPERTY LINE IS LEGALY.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
If your neighbor has a "deslinde", and his fence coincides with its boundaries, you'll have to litigate to get your land back. Fortunately, an administrative "deslinde" done without properly notifying the neighbors can be voided in court.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Thank Tou!

Fabio J. Guzman said:
If your neighbor has a "deslinde", and his fence coincides with its boundaries, you'll have to litigate to get your land back. Fortunately, an administrative "deslinde" done without properly notifying the neighbors can be voided in court.
When ask to sell land we told the neighbor no. She change the property line without bying or asking us to be present when the fence was build.
I doubt she is smart enought to go and get "Deslinde" since she did not buy it.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
mariaobetsanov said:
When ask to sell land we told the neighbor no. She change the property line without bying or asking us to be present when the fence was build.
I doubt she is smart enought to go and get "Deslinde" since she did not buy it.

Maria please tell us what happens with this problem.